Cupcake Trouble

Baking By grammy1963 Updated 17 Jun 2009 , 5:17pm by EyeCandy

grammy1963 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grammy1963 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 4:35am
post #1 of 8

!!!!! WHAT CAUSES THE CUPCAKES PAPERS TO LEAVE THE CAKE??? IT IS MOSTLY WITH THE YELLOW CAKE. IT SEEMS TO HAPPEN WITH BOX MIXES AS WELL AS HOME MADE. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ANSWERS. I AM NEW AT THIS CHATTING FORUM, SO I DON'T KNOW WHO TO ADDRESS.

7 replies
JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 5:59am
post #2 of 8

Sorry I can't help, mine usually stick too well and have to be peeled away, but here is a bump and maybe someone who knows will see your post and have a suggestion..

Good luck...

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 7:12am
post #3 of 8

I noticed this happened with buttery cakes like when I made WBH golden butter cake. It just means your cake is too moist, I guess. either use a different recipe or a different paper liner. icon_smile.gif

60sBunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
60sBunny Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 6:33pm
post #4 of 8

are u leaving them in the tray? The condensation form the cooling cakes is one of the worst offenders for peeling papers

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 4:29pm
post #5 of 8

Good point! Take them out of the tray to cool on racks or on the counter. Mine usually stick to the wrapper, so I'm not much help. I've only had one batch that kind of peeled away a little bit and I think I left them in the tray!

l_m_mena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
l_m_mena Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 1:13am
post #6 of 8

Me too, I only had the problem when I left them on the tray to cool. Atter reading this same advice on another thread, I tried it and of course CakeCentral advice being always right, they don't fall off anymore.

havingfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
havingfun Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 1:53am
post #7 of 8

i just baked 14 dozen, and turned them out after 10 minutes and out of all of them, probably 4 papers came off.

EyeCandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EyeCandy Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 5:17pm
post #8 of 8

I've never had this problem either but I read elsewhere to definitely let them cool outside the pans. I usually take mine out within a few minutes. They are hot to pick up but I just deal with it or use a spoon to scoop them out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%