Real Piece Of Cake In Dummy?

Decorating By Renaejrk Updated 15 Jun 2009 , 7:16pm by mommabuda

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 2:50am
post #31 of 34

Thank you so much for your help! I had some fondant problems, and some issues with the gelatin sheet I was using for the clear plastic on the bag! I also didn't realize I had used almost all my dark blue gel color, so I had to use icing writers and part of the lines of the bag! OK - they didn't care - they thought it was cool! I'm so glad non-cake people don't notice the details we do! No one around here does this kind of stuff, so this is totally impressive to them! (though not so impressive by CC standards! - I'm still learning!)

I can't post the pic here because it's too big! I'll get it in my photos - check it out!

txsteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txsteph Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 3:32am
post #32 of 34

Great job on it!!

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 3:37am
post #33 of 34

thanks - I envisioned something a little neater, but she knew she was asking a lot for 1 1/2 weeks notice! She was just happy to find someone who would do a 3d!

mommabuda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommabuda Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 7:16pm
post #34 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaejrk

"oh, don't worry about it - they can just pretend they're cutting the cake for the pics and we can give them some of the sheetcake to feed each other."

This was EXACTLY what I would've suggested. I'm unable to make cakes for a couple of the venues around here (because of licensing regulations) so I'm offering fake cakes now (and sheet cakes on the side) and so many people are like "how are we going to get the cake cutting picture?" JUST PRETEND you're cutting it! Duhh... lol... Have a piece of real cake from the back to feed each other and voila!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%