Fishy In The Process!

Decorating By Chippi Updated 22 Jun 2009 , 5:25am by Chippi

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 8:07pm
post #1 of 23

I feel like a taxidermist! lol I am making a cake for my brother's bday and it is in WVa. I hope I can transport this Bass who will be jumping out of his cake. I made this with Allycook instructions, except for one goof! I put my fins on before painting but I think I can handle that part. My only fear is transporting 1100 miles. icon_surprised.gif Any transporting ideas greatly appreciated. Tell me what you think?
LL

22 replies
macciacae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
macciacae Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 8:16pm
post #2 of 23

Very Nice so far... can't wait to see the finished piece!!

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 8:54pm
post #3 of 23

WOW! That is fantastic - I think you need to to a tutorial for all of us CC's who want to do fish cakes. Where would we find Allycook's instructions?

I can't wait to see the final presentation either - FANTASTIC!

sweetiesbykim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiesbykim Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 8:59pm
post #4 of 23

AMAZING!!! You need to enter this into a cake show thumbs_up.gif

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 9:00pm
post #5 of 23

That is fantastic!!!!!!! I want those instructions too, please.

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 9:54pm
post #6 of 23

wow
no wonder you feel like a taxidermist
that is amazing.

yes please do post some instructions.

as far as transporting, are you driving or flying??

sweetiesbykim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiesbykim Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 10:02pm
post #7 of 23

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1073443.html

I think this is the picture of the cake we/you are referring to.

Chippi Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 10:30pm
post #8 of 23

Check out Allycook's cakes and you can see hers, here when I get time I will be glad to send out a tutorial. It will be a few days before I can do one. This is my first sculpture so I really don't feel tutorial worthy but I will give it my best shot! Thank you all for the great compliments! Now back to change him from albino to a real Bass!

Chippi

Chippi Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 10:32pm
post #9 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetiesbykim

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1073443.html

I think this is the picture of the cake we/you are referring to.

Yep that is the one! You can PM her she sent me instructions.

Chippi

Chippi Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 5:07am
post #10 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auryn

wow
no wonder you feel like a taxidermist
that is amazing.

yes please do post some instructions.

as far as transporting, are you driving or flying??

We are driving but things may be cancelled, my mom's knee went out on her and she may have to have a knee replacement. We were going home to bring her here with us for a while. She is unable to fly. My heart breaks for her she lost her best friend last year (my father). I guess I can sell my fish on ebay? haha

Sad,
Chippi

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 5:55am
post #11 of 23

holy moly Chippi, that fish is amazing!
Please put me on your list when you get time for that tutorial... I can't even believe how good that looks!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 11:27am
post #12 of 23

I love it! I already like it that way. It looks totally awesome.

pjrm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjrm Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 1:52pm
post #13 of 23

What did you use for the base of the fish? Is it all gumpaste or did you use styrofoam? This is an absolute perfect bass!! I am making plans to make my husband a fishing cake in Sept for his bday and really would love to get the how to's on this!! Super job so far, I hope you will be able to finish the cake....sorry your plans need to be changed.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 2:23pm
post #14 of 23

That is amazing!!!! I would make and take extra fins and a tail just in case and if you don't need to fix the big one then they could be used to add 3D to any other fish on the cake. I can't wait to see the finished cake! You really did an oustanding job!

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 3:03pm
post #15 of 23

I so want to learn how to do this fish. I think I PM allycook before looking for directions and never heard back. Could you please send some pointers?

shelly-101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelly-101 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 3:11pm
post #16 of 23

wow amazing can't wait to see the finish product and sorry to hear about your mom...

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 5:38pm
post #17 of 23

I hate fish (ick) but that's FANTASTIC! Wow. It looks so real. Well done. Even if he didn't get to enjoy it, we all did. icon_biggrin.gif

dberck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dberck Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 7:21pm
post #18 of 23

Incredible job! I would love to receive some instructions, too!

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 8:28pm
post #19 of 23

wow, you really did a great job on this...i have made a couple of bass fish cakes myself and i think yours is just awesome. i hope things work out for you =) it would be a shame for this fish not to be used!

Chippi Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 4:01am
post #20 of 23

My fish is not cake he is made of foil and masking tape like Allycooks. But he is going on a 12' 2-layer cake for my brother. I have him over half painted and geeeez I didn't know I was gonna be so picky. It's taking me 6 hrs to paint to this far. I hope ya'll like him I will post it tomorrow sometime. I have another cake to do for a friend also so it may be late tomorrow evening. Thank you all so much for your wonderful comments, you all are the best! We are going to make the trip to WV afterall, so I had to jump back into the fish haha. I'm already worn out but I'll probably stay up late and all day tomorrow working on it to get everything done in time to leave!

Thank you to all,
Chippi

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 2:11am
post #21 of 23

I am still waiting to see the final fish! It has been nearly 2 weeks and I am trying to be patient (sp?) but..... Where is the fish?

rharris524 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rharris524 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 2:49am
post #22 of 23

She has it posted in her pics. It is really awesome! Great job Chippi

Chippi Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 5:25am
post #23 of 23

Hi everyone, I'm so sorry I haven't been on much lately, I have my mom here now and taking care of her. I did get the picture of the fish posted if anyone wants to see. He made it in one piece! icon_smile.gif My brother flipped! He thought I bought the fish and stuck it on the top of the cake! HAHA Thanks for all your support and help and comments! I love CC!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1397124

Hope everyone is well,
Chippi!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%