Best Hand Mixer?

Decorating By emlashlee Updated 9 Jul 2009 , 2:03am by Rylan

emlashlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emlashlee Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 7:15pm
post #1 of 14

My hand mixer finally pooped out after 7 years and I couldn't make royal icing anymore. I bought an Oster at Target and the metal flaked off the beaters the first time I used it. I figured I'd better ask the experts here for your favorite before I wasted my time again! icon_smile.gif What is your favorite hand mixer?

13 replies
tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 7:23pm
post #2 of 14

I have a Kitchenaid hand mixer (7 speed).

kyhendry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyhendry Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 11:00pm
post #3 of 14

Kitchenaid hand mixer rules!! icon_biggrin.gif

JulyMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulyMama Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 11:12pm
post #4 of 14

I have a cuisinart 5 or 7 speed, can't remember which, and I love it, it's got a variety of speeds for everything and it's powerful. It was only $45 and I used Canadian Tire money to buy it so it was only like $10!
(canadian tire is a store here and everytime you buy something you get a percentage back in Canadian tire money back to use as a discount or full amount on a future purchase.)

steplite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steplite Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 11:29pm
post #5 of 14

I can't tell you how many I've burned out.(Oster,Hamilton Beach,Black and Decker) Don't waste your money. It's Kitchen Aid all the way.

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 11:47pm
post #6 of 14

Years ago I killed two or three hand mixers of various brands. Then Kitchen Aid came out with a hand mixer, in those days 3 speed only. The one I bought then is still working fine.

emlashlee Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 3:10pm
post #7 of 14

Thanks so much for your advice! I just ordered the KitchenAid professional 9-speed in French Blue for $55! It was cheaper because it was blue, AND I will get $10 back in a rebate - ended up being $45!!!

steplite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steplite Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 10:31pm
post #8 of 14

Hey Emlashlee, Where did you order that mixer from? That's a great price.

emlashlee Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 4:29am
post #9 of 14

Whoops - sorry! I got it from amazon.com. Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001JEP9RU/?tag=cakecentral-20

The rebate is located at:
http://www.shopkitchenaid.com/promo69.asp

You must buy the mixer by June 27 and mail the $10 rebate postmarked by July 27.

I hope someone else benefits from this. I sure do love a great deal!!! icon_lol.gif

emlashlee Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 4:36am
post #10 of 14

Actually I think I'll begin a new post to announce the sale. Maybe someone would read that one and already know that KA is the best so not read this one. Thanks to all for their advice!!!

momg9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momg9 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 2:03pm
post #11 of 14

The switch on my Braun mixer broke this week so I bought a 5 speed kitchenaid hand mixer. I hate it! It is so uncomfortable to use. It makes my hand tired just mixing cake batter. Has anyone else had this problem? I love my Braun, but I can't seem to find a place that sells them anymore.

mjk350 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjk350 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 2:32pm
post #12 of 14

I have had Kitchen Aid Professional 9 Speed Hand Mixer for at least 10 years or so and still going strong.

mjk350 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjk350 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 2:33pm
post #13 of 14

I have had Kitchen Aid Professional 9 Speed Hand Mixer for at least 10 years or so and still going strong.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 2:03am
post #14 of 14

I would suggest KA. My KA stand mixer broke. MY Oster broke after whipping tons of BC and I still have my Hamilton.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%