Need Advice

Decorating By CakeMommyTX Updated 9 Jun 2009 , 4:15pm by Alice1230

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 2:54pm
post #1 of 8

Ok first off I hope this doesnt get deleted...pretty please I just need advice.

Ok so here is the problem, I found a website using my photos, I have emailed 4 times and called at least once a day for the past week. They do not answer or return my calls or emails.

I have done a little bit of research only to find out that the person who has "borrowed" my photos (without my permission) is known to scam people . I dont want to get to much into it but
basically an all around not good person.

So with that said I have done all that I can on my own. I have tried to contact them multiple times to resolve it on our own, I reported the website to its provider (its a free site so they can just make a new one when it's shut down) I even told them they are more then welcome to duplicate my designs and take photos of their own.

So my question is do I let it go or get my lawyer involved? I have already spoken to him and he says they are in violation of the law, however considering the history of this individual is it even worth it?

Do I just let them continue using something that doesnt belong to them and assume it will catch up with them in the end?
To be truthful I don't have the extra money to hire a lawyer to deal with this but it is really bothering me that they don't even have the decency to return my emails or calls.

What would ya'll do in this situation?

7 replies
Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 2:57pm
post #2 of 8

Can you report it to the police? Other than that, I don't know what you can do. Depending on your relationship with your lawyer, I'd ask him if he honestly thinks it's worth your time and money to pursue it.

I wish you luck.

dg10148 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dg10148 Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 2:59pm
post #3 of 8

I don't know wish I could help

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 3:00pm
post #4 of 8

I'm sorry you're upset about this icon_sad.gif

I've never been in this situation, sadly nobody thinks my photos are worth stealing icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

I'd probably be flattered that they like them enough to steal them. Like you said it's a free website so even if it gets deleted, they will probably make another one.

You should waterprint your name across your photos, that would help.

Hope you get it resolved.

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 3:14pm
post #5 of 8

I was flattered (although they could have chosen better but that was before they decided to ignore me. Now I'm just annoyed.
It really irks me when people do what ever they want and get away with it.
Even little things, for example I was at the grocery store yesterday and a women knocked 2 boxes of Mac-n-Cheese off the shelf, she then ran over both boxes with her cart, smashed them and broke one open and then just walked off, she didnt pick them up or even acknowledge the fact that she had just ruined 2 boxes of food.
I was so shocked that a grown women would do this, I then picked up the broken boxes and went out of my way to get a manager so someone could sweep up the mess.
I know its only a couple of boxes of pasta but its the principle behind it.
This whole pic situation makes mad in the same way, grown people doing what ever they want and not having to deal with the consequences.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 3:55pm
post #6 of 8

Can you look in the yellow pages and try to call them? Then you could say you are getting a lawyer involved if they don't take them off.

Jen icon_smile.gif
That is sooo bad!

FatFace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatFace Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 4:09pm
post #7 of 8

Write a letter to the individual, hopefully they will read it and I don't know if you could do so but maybe even let a lawyer write one on your behalf.

Alice1230 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alice1230 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 4:15pm
post #8 of 8

I would contact Heath with this issue. He can probably help you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%