JillK Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 4:15pm
post #31 of 42

Hehehe ... anyone ever heard this one?

http://www.snopes.com/embarrass/business/bakesale.asp

Wouldn't it be tempting? icon_twisted.gif

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 4:16pm
post #32 of 42

Well, I'm back. I delivered them in pouring rain to this friggin' MANSION. The place was enormous. Beautiful home.

She did actually make a joke about how they look so pretty but simple enough that she could say "I made it myself" but that "I would never do that". When she asked for business cards I felt stupid because I had left them at home. Don't know why. But I did tell her that I had put one on each cake tray, making it sound like it was something I always did.

She said she couldn't wait and swiped her finger at the base of the cake to taste the frosting, and said "uummmm....". As I took them out of the boxes, she said they were "perfect". So I guess I was wrong about her. She told me that everyone else in her neighborhood orders from "x" bakery (don't want to say their name) but she doesn't like how they taste.....something about them tasting sort of manufactured, or something similar, I don't remember the exact phrase she used. It was NOT the baker that referred her to me, I want to be sure that is understood.

Thanks for letting me vent my paranoia here. It does help keep me sane.

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 4:27pm
post #33 of 42

I'm glad that it turned out good for you. Nothing wrong with a little cake paranoia-- i think after the last few bridezilla threads, its hard not to be a little on edge. icon_lol.gif

PS- the cakes turned out really cute!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 5:17pm
post #34 of 42

Wonderful! Your cakes are very pretty.

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 5:45pm
post #35 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

icon_evil.gif I love the logo bit that would be too funny if ever someone did try to pass off something as their own.

This was discussed here in depth awhile back but I'm to lazy to find the thread.

I chimed in saying it happened to me and that was what got me started with putting neon business cards on every cake board that goes out my door.

On the bottom of those business cards it says "please cut out and read the back for a special discount on your next order." The cards have anywhere from 5% to 20% off or a free dozen cupcakes with their next order. A few have "free 8X3 triple chocolate cake with your next order"

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 5:47pm
post #36 of 42

That's very creative CarolynGwen! Like Cake lotto cards.

luv_to_decorate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv_to_decorate Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 6:13pm
post #37 of 42

Glad that everything turned out ok for you with this lady. I am in agreement with several that said she is going to pass them off as her own. She even hinted at it after the delivery. I made different types of home made fudge and brought it to work. One of my co-workers wanted me to make her some so she could give them out as Christmas gifts from her. She was going to pass it off as her own. No, I didn't do it, even for money. I did give her the recipe and told her to make her own.

karateka Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 9:01pm
post #38 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynGwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

icon_evil.gif I love the logo bit that would be too funny if ever someone did try to pass off something as their own.

This was discussed here in depth awhile back but I'm to lazy to find the thread.

I chimed in saying it happened to me and that was what got me started with putting neon business cards on every cake board that goes out my door.

On the bottom of those business cards it says "please cut out and read the back for a special discount on your next order." The cards have anywhere from 5% to 20% off or a free dozen cupcakes with their next order. A few have "free 8X3 triple chocolate cake with your next order"

That is a terriffic idea!

itsacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsacake Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 1:03am
post #39 of 42

After I left my business cards at home for the 47th time, my DH said, "Why don't you put a bunch in the car's glove compartment?"

Duh... Why didn't I think of that?

karateka Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 3:12am
post #40 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsacake

After I left my business cards at home for the 47th time, my DH said, "Why don't you put a bunch in the car's glove compartment?"

I'm SO doing that tomorrow morning.

itsacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsacake Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 3:44am
post #41 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by karateka

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsacake

I'm SO doing that tomorrow morning.

icon_biggrin.gif

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 5:49pm
post #42 of 42

They turned out very pretty! I'm glad it worked out okay for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%