Help Please......sticky-Outy-Things

Decorating By julia77 Updated 3 Jun 2009 , 12:36pm by Texas_Rose

julia77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia77 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 10:09am
post #1 of 2

I'm sure there are a name for these things, sticky-outy-things is the best I could come up with.

My sister wants me to put them in her engagement cake, and I have done a practice cake to see how they look.

I need to work on placement, but was wondering how you cover the "hole" that the straw is in to hold the wires? The cake will be two layer, so should I place them in the bottom cake at the back so they come up above the top layer, or directly into the top layer?

Any suggestions gratefully received. icon_rolleyes.gif


1 reply
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 12:36pm
post #2 of 2

The hole is less noticeable on the top tier than it is on a one-tier cake. You could also put a couple of flowers at the base of the wired decorations to cover the hole, or pipe some buttercream or royal icing into the straw to fill the hole and make it look like the wires are coming right out of the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%