How Do I Do This?

Decorating By thecakeprincess Updated 3 Jun 2009 , 6:59pm by tiggy2

thecakeprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakeprincess Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:19am
post #1 of 14

Any ideas or instructions on how to do this one would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
thecakeprincess
LL

13 replies
yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:28am
post #2 of 14

make the pieces from gp or a mixture. you can use the pans you baked in. turn them over and arrange the pieces just like in the pic except upside down. use paper towels or whatever you can think of to hold them out until they are dry. let ehm sit for several days i'd say and when they are firm enough to not droop, take them off and turn them right side up and voila. that should work. there might be a better way but that' s all i could come up with. hope that helps

CakeDiosa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiosa Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 8:03am
post #3 of 14

I'd do a 50/50 mix for sure or fondant with Tylose added and give it several days to firm up. Think about cutting into that thing. Gumpaste would have to be pulled off and that would be quite a mess. I'd try to keep it firm enough to hold up but not so hard it can't be cut through. The pan idea sounds like a good one.

thecakeprincess Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 1:49pm
post #4 of 14

Thanks so much for your help!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:13pm
post #5 of 14

Wouldn't choclate be a better option? White chocolate clay. That way it would be OK to cut and it would actually get eaten. As long as heat at the venue won't be an issue. But even with heat I read a blog about a Chef adding in some corn flour for body in her chocolate clay to be more versitile in her Hot kitchen.

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:20pm
post #6 of 14

I think there was a similar question a few months ago, and someone said to use chocolate clay to wrap around. I agree with sadsmile, it will be difficult to cut with gumpaste.

sadsmile Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:30pm
post #7 of 14

My gosh I can't stop looking at that cake! I hope some day I will get to make something like it!!! I love the piping on the edges and just petals all petals except for the flowers on top. Can't wait to see what you do!

yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:55pm
post #8 of 14

you guys are prob right about the gp. choc sounds awesome, i have never woreked with that medium. be sure and let us see how it turns out!!!!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:55pm
post #9 of 14

Wow! I have never seen a chocolate wrap with piping on it! That is absolutely gorgeous!!

sadsmile Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:21pm
post #10 of 14

it doesn't look like a wrap which is done with acetate plastic sheets and melted chocolate and winds up very smooth and straight. This looks hand rolled modeling chocolate and stretched with perfect imperfections that make this cake dreamy.

thecakeprincess Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 6:31pm
post #11 of 14

I think this one is going to take a bit of work, but I'm willing to TRY! I'll be sure to post pics when its done. Thanks for all the great suggestions!

Stephi1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stephi1 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 6:45pm
post #12 of 14

All I can say is WOW! Not in my wildest dreams would I attempt. Best of luck & post the pics!

Momkiksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momkiksbutt Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 6:49pm
post #13 of 14

This is a variation on the ROSE cake. It's fondant wrapped and then piped. Likely it is a fondant/gumpaste mix, to help it to keep it's shape and dry quicker and more solidly.

What a fantastic cake!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 6:59pm
post #14 of 14

You might also be able to use Jennifer Dontz's pearl clay. Send her a pm (jennifermi) and see what she thinks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%