Wedding Cake Was A Huge Success...huge Success!!!! (Long...)

Decorating By ptanyer Updated 14 Jun 2009 , 3:51pm by THECAKEPLACE

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 4:30am
post #1 of 86

In the last 6 months or so, I have posted many questions as I was learning everything I could in order to do a 7 tier wedding cake for my niece's wedding on 5-30-09. CCer's have been so helpful in answering my numerous newbie questions about everything under the sun, and helping out with support for all kinds of problems I was having with other cakes, and with this particular cake as I was working on it all last week.

Well the time arrived and my DH and Dnephew helped me transport 7 tiers and all kinds of "just in case" equipment 2 1/2 hours to the town of the wedding. Once there, I prepared the tiers for stacking and got the cake stacked and delivered three large cake boxes - two boxes contained 2 stacked tiers, one box contained 3 stacked tiers. Once at the wedding site, stacked them and then held my breath while the reception site people tried to fix a problem with the cake stand base and actually had to lift the cake stand and complete cake up to put supports under the stand (Of course I had to take photos while they were doing that just in case there was an accident.)

It was a huge success - HUGE!!!. Everyone loved it and was amazed. The reception site told me it was the biggest cake they had ever had there. The photographer told me that she samples the cakes at all weddings and that this was absolutely the best cake she had ever tasted and that it was an incredible looking cake. She encouraged me to quit my day job and go into cake decorating full time. The bride and groom and family members were very happy and there were lots of hugs and compliments.

To make matters even better, all the cake got eaten except for the Anniversary tier and one of the bottom tiers. All the chocolate cake totally disappeared!! I have been informed by several people that they had never seen anything like it. Imagine my amazement and how it felt to hear all this!!!

I am so on top of the world right now that I just had to share this with all of you CCers!!! I couldn't have done this without all your help and support and everything I have learned from you. Thursday night was I in tears and crying for help. Today I am beaming from ear to ear and want to shout from the rooftops icon_lol.gif

Many, many thanks to all of you.

I just had to share my success story with you...(my smile stretches from ear to ear)...

I posted photos in my gallery, but here is a sneak peak at it:

Pam
LL

85 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 4:33am
post #2 of 86

That is massive and beautiful!! GREAT JOB!!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 4:36am
post #3 of 86

Holy Moly, you should quit your day job. icon_biggrin.gif Your cake is amazing. judge.gif

princess.gifparty.gifbirthday.gif You Rule! birthday.gifparty.gifprincess.gif

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 4:39am
post #4 of 86

Yay!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!

candoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candoo Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 4:40am
post #5 of 86

That's amazing and beautiful!!!

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 4:42am
post #6 of 86

Beautiful! Did you make the flowers on top? what flavors are the tiers?

ptanyer Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 4:45am
post #7 of 86

Thank you, thank you.

The cake was 7 tier square cake with corners cut - 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, & 18. Alternating layers of pound cake with Indydebi's buttercream, and chocolate cake with Godiva Choc Liq and whipped chocolate ganache made with bittersweet chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate, heavy cream and Godiva Choc Liq. Bottom layer was a "dummy cake". Used SPS to stack cakes. This design was based on a cake in the Martha Stewart Wedding Cake book called Beribboned Bouquet Cake. Real flowers on top (food safe). White satin ribbon around the bottom of each tier. White royal icing dots and the monogram letters were royal icing painted with pearl dust mixed with lemon extract.

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 4:53am
post #8 of 86

WOW! That is gorgeous! And sounds awsomely delicious! You should be sooo proud!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 4:58am
post #9 of 86

WOW! The cake is beautifully huge. You did a terrific job! If your smile stretches from ear to ear, mines smiled so much it ripped apart.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 4:59am
post #10 of 86

WOW!!! what a beautiful cake.. i know you are so proud.

soobsessedwithcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soobsessedwithcake Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 5:00am
post #11 of 86

That is stunning! So happy for you!

ptanyer Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 5:02am
post #12 of 86

I am so proud I could bust!!! But also extremely tired and can barely keep my eyes opened. Didn't get back home tonight until after 9 pm and buy the time we unpacked the van and carried everything in I had just enough energy to post the photos and a topic to tell you all about it. So I think I am going to go to bed and get some sleep. Good night all. Thanks for the wonderful comments!!!

lomikesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomikesa Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 5:04am
post #13 of 86

Beautiful! and elegant.

JudyDP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JudyDP Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 5:04am
post #14 of 86

God bless you, ptanyer. I can hear the sincere appreciation in your post. I am so happy that your cake turned out so beautiful! It is BEAUTIFUL! Keep smiling icon_lol.gif ...

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 5:11am
post #15 of 86

WOW that is magnificent...you do have a future in cake decorating be it full or part time!

Congratulations, now sit back pour yourself a nice glass of wine and put those tootsies up cause you sure did earn it!

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 5:15am
post #16 of 86

Wow! That is a beautiful cake! I love how simple and elegant it is. You did an amazing job. icon_smile.gif

txsteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txsteph Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 5:18am
post #17 of 86

Wow .. that is gorgeous!!

soccermom17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soccermom17 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 5:34am
post #18 of 86

WOW! the first thing I said when I saw your picture. you did an amazing job. can't wait to look at your other pictures. hope you got a good rest. you deserve it!

chrissypie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissypie Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 5:40am
post #19 of 86

Gorgeous and elegant! What a fantastic job!

mena2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mena2002 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 5:45am
post #20 of 86

Absolutely beautiful! You did an excellent job.

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 6:25am
post #21 of 86

Wow, that's so pretty and soooo huge!! How many servings is it? I could look it up, but I'm sure you've done the math. You did a wonderful job!!! I love the cut corners I have never seen that before. Wow...wow...wow...WOW...wow..wow..WOW....one wow for each tier!!!!

Cake4ever Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake4ever Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 7:00am
post #22 of 86

icon_surprised.gif That is so gorgeous! Congratulations to you, you deserve all the pats on the back you can get! It is an amazing cake and an amazing feat for your first large wedding cake! thumbs_up.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 7:06am
post #23 of 86

OH WOW! that's all I can say.... and GORGEOUS!!!!!

bakermommy4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermommy4 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 7:46am
post #24 of 86

Absolutely gorgeous cake. You SHOULD be proud because you did a FINE job honey. You definitely have a future in the biz....get it started. I don't know about quitting your day job cuz times are kinda hard right now, but if you could...DO IT because you totally have the talent.

You keep on cakin!!

judcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judcreations Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 10:41am
post #25 of 86

Absolutely Beautiful, u did a great job

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:06am
post #26 of 86

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif WOW! Congratulations! Your cake is absolutely fabulous, and sounds oooh so yummy!

I have a question please, what ever did you use for stacking? That is one huge and phenomenal cake! Again, hearty congratulations on your amazing accomplishment!

icon_biggrin.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 12:11pm
post #27 of 86

WOW - absolutely amazing cake!!!

BREN28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BREN28 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 1:40pm
post #28 of 86

WOW! thats beautiful,great job!! thumbs_up.gif

sweetsbystacy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsbystacy Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 1:54pm
post #29 of 86

That is GORGEOUS! Congrats!

misserica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misserica Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 1:54pm
post #30 of 86

WOW!!!! Its beautiful! And tall! Great job, you have every right to be proud.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%