Please Help! Fondant On Cake Tore!

Decorating By cookielicious Updated 30 May 2009 , 5:14pm by madgeowens

cookielicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookielicious Posted 30 May 2009 , 6:22am
post #1 of 8

I have a big tear in my fondant that's already on the cake icon_sad.gif It looks horrible. It's for a wedding tomorrow (well TODAY) I don't have enough fondant to redo it (it was my second time anyway!) I'm having a horrible time. How do I fix a tear like that? The icing is showing thru..... Can I use royal icing to glue it back together? Can I use buttercream to camoflauge it????? Crisco and water do not work, tried it already. Tried to patch it, it looked worse. HELP! PLEASE! *tears*

7 replies
cupcakesnbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 30 May 2009 , 6:31am
post #2 of 8

could you just cover it with some embellishment?

cookielicious Posted 30 May 2009 , 6:34am
post #3 of 8

Unfortunately it's the layer that is plain except for one heart monogram.... There's no way to cover it. To the right of it is the fondant section that for some reason would not smooth out. I guess it's the back now.... so frustrated!!!! I just want to give up, but I know I can't! I don't know what to do to make it look better... icon_sad.gif

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 30 May 2009 , 6:43am
post #4 of 8

you can't rub it with a fondant smoother? geeze thats terrible......hope someone can help soon.......I think from now on I am gonna keep a bucket load of back up fondant for emergency

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 30 May 2009 , 6:44am
post #5 of 8

I'd try the buttercream to camoflage it... I think that's your best bet right now.. SO sorry you have to deal with that! icon_sad.gif Best of luck!

cookielicious Posted 30 May 2009 , 6:46am
post #6 of 8

I will try some buttercream! It's Wilton fondant icon_sad.gif I don't think I want to ever work with this again! Horrible experience!

cookielicious Posted 30 May 2009 , 7:35am
post #7 of 8

The buttercream filled in the gap that the rip left.... so that was better... but it still looks bad icon_sad.gif Do you think it would be okay to revise the design slightly to cover it up? What would you be more upset about at your wedding- a slightly different design or an ugly cake????? *SIGH*

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 30 May 2009 , 5:14pm
post #8 of 8

yes fix it to look good, and they will love it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%