Lime Green Coloring???

Decorating By jolie1977 Updated 26 May 2009 , 11:38am by jillangel

jolie1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jolie1977 Posted 26 May 2009 , 2:22am
post #1 of 9

I have a wedding cake to make for June 6 with lime green and bright pink gumpaste gerber daisies. I just finished playing around with the colors I have at home to try and match the bride's bouquet colors (fake flowers), and just can't even get close to matching the colors... It's frustrating because I really want to match the colors, but after going on the Wilton webstie, couldn't seem to find any other "green" colors... does anyone know of a "lime green" food coloring? I'm tempted to try the "Tinkerbell Fairies" kit which might have something close to lime green if anyone's ever tried it?

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated! THis is going to be my first wedding cake and I feel the pressure starting to build up!

8 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 26 May 2009 , 2:24am
post #2 of 9

Anytime I've ever made lime green, I started out with yellow and just added a bit of leaf green until it got there. You'd think that you'd start out with green, but it works best to start w/ yellow.

imamommy1205 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imamommy1205 Posted 26 May 2009 , 2:25am
post #3 of 9

I read just today to use 3 parts yellow and 1 part green to make lime green. HTH Cant wait to see pics!

AZCakeGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCakeGirl Posted 26 May 2009 , 2:26am
post #4 of 9

Yeah, that's how I get my lime green as well. Only, I always start out with green first, I'll have to try starting with yellow next time. Thanks! icon_smile.gif

LisaMaeCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMaeCakes Posted 26 May 2009 , 2:29am
post #5 of 9

Check out the topsy turvy wedding cake in my pics. It's lime green and white. it was for my daughter's wedding. Her colors were lime green and white. I used Americolor's Electric Green. It was perfect!!

Good luck
Lisa

Angie1968 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angie1968 Posted 26 May 2009 , 2:30am
post #6 of 9

This is what I used for lime green. AmeriColor Soft Gel Paste Food Color #162 Electric Green You can see it on one of my pictures. HTH!!

dorie67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dorie67 Posted 26 May 2009 , 2:41am
post #7 of 9

Hi, I just did a wedding cake on Saturday(5/23/09) that was lime green and purple, the colors sounded crazy at first but when together they looked very nice. Everyone was very pleased, especially the bride. I used Wiltons lemon yellow and leaf green to achieve the color- yellow first and then small amounts of green until I had the color matched. Good Luck. icon_biggrin.gif

jolie1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jolie1977 Posted 26 May 2009 , 10:37am
post #8 of 9

Thank you so much everyone!!! What would I do without these forums! I can't believe how quickly my question was answered! I tried the yellow with green and it worked! I am thrilled! Thank you!!!

jillangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillangel Posted 26 May 2009 , 11:38am
post #9 of 9

I'm glad it worked for you but in case you ever need it, Cake Craft makes a Lime Green paste food color. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%