Anyone Have Any Of The Magnolia Bakery Cookbooks?

Decorating By giraffe11 Updated 1 Jun 2009 , 8:36pm by giraffe11

giraffe11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giraffe11 Posted 25 May 2009 , 8:23pm
post #1 of 8

And what do you think of them? I made a cookie for Memorial Day picnic that I found on the internet. the poster creditted the Magnolia Bakery. Those cookies were to die for!!!! I am interested in the cookbooks now, just on the strength of that single cookie.....best recipe I've tried in a while.

7 replies
kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 25 May 2009 , 9:20pm
post #2 of 8

I have the 'More from Magnolia' book and I like it a lot... she is not big on chocolate, so don't look for too many chocolate recipes.

giraffe11 Posted 26 May 2009 , 2:26am
post #3 of 8

Thanks KelleyM. I won't mind lack of chocolate. I have a ton of books already, so never at a loss for chocolate. I just loved those cookies so much, I thought if the books are well-regarded, I would definitely have to add them to my collection.

en-passant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
en-passant Posted 26 May 2009 , 4:28am
post #4 of 8

I have one, I think it's the first one. I was not impressed.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 26 May 2009 , 11:46am
post #5 of 8

I didn't even know that the Magnolia Bakery put books out. I might have to check into, depending on what else everyone has to say! Thanks!!

mombabytiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mombabytiger Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 3:25am
post #6 of 8

I have both of them. Try the sour cream breakfast buns and the apple/walnut caramel cake. Awesome! They are known for their cupcakes, but the icing recipe is sickeningly sweet and rather metallic from all the 10x. Now that I think about it, ALL the breakfast bun recipes are good.

kdbobo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdbobo Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 7:57pm
post #7 of 8

I also have the first book. The cake recipes I've tried were perfectly serviceable--when I want straight up standard white cake with white icing, I often use their white cake recipe. (The Whimsical Bakehouse book is really my go-to, though.)

Haven't tried any other recipes from the book and the vanilla buttercream did not work for me at all. I think the recipe as written has too much liquid in it.

giraffe11 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 8:36pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks for the replies............ I already have the WBH books. I didn't have good luck with their white cake.......texture was cornbread-y and weird. I love all the other recipes I've tried though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%