Where's The Honesty?

Decorating By SaraClassic Updated 26 May 2009 , 2:07pm by 7yyrt

SaraClassic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraClassic Posted 25 May 2009 , 1:07pm
post #1 of 37

I know there is a group on here ( and I forget the acronym) but they always post on eachothers photos and give the honest details of needed improvement.
I have not uploaded current pics in a while and I'd actually like to get feed back from someone who wasnt family, or friend "making my day".
Now now dont get me wrong I want to hear great job when it looks good, but when it looks like the leaning tower of Pisa, icon_cry.gif I gotta hear it. Ya know, how can I improve if I dont see what needs to get better and get feedback. Thats why I love this site, everyone is so helpful !
Anyone in this group...is it an actual group of is it made by CC members? Thanks!

36 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 25 May 2009 , 1:12pm
post #2 of 37

Well...sometime is the past members have asked for honest opinions about cake pictures and then when they are given... a big huge threads turns ugly etc....so maybe that is why most tend to keep in neutral.

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 25 May 2009 , 1:12pm
post #3 of 37

I've seen that before its called critique sub? something or other maybe CSM? for short and I think I saw that you had to have a certain number of posts to join....maybe someone who's in it will see this post and give you the info.

SaraClassic Posted 25 May 2009 , 1:17pm
post #4 of 37

KiddieKakes, I agree. Thats why I wondered if there was a certian group or postings acronym to ask for that kind of help.
Like I said I dont want all neg comments. But I know the best cake people I know are on this site and their point of view and helpful criticism would be helpful in a lot of cases.

bbmom, I kind of remember something like that too when I went through people's photo comments, thats what I was looking for.
Anyone...?

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 May 2009 , 1:18pm
post #5 of 37

I'm not in that group but I'll shoot straight with yah and leave your ego intact if yah want you can pm me a link to the photo.

edit to fix typo

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 25 May 2009 , 1:25pm
post #6 of 37

I had no idea such a group existed, but I'd love to know more! After awhile the niceness gets to me...I'd like some honesty as well.

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 25 May 2009 , 1:36pm
post #7 of 37

OK I did some digging around and found a bunch of comments on photos that say CSM or critique subgroup member no info in their profile about it...how about a new thread with the topic CSM or critique subgroup? Then they might answer and you could find out how to join.

yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 25 May 2009 , 1:37pm
post #8 of 37

that sounds awesome! i keep asking my friends to critique my cakes but they never say anything negative. i would be glad to switch off critiquing with you icon_smile.gif and if you find the group, let us know icon_smile.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 25 May 2009 , 1:48pm
post #9 of 37

It's a group who wanted more vigorous critiques of their work. So they got together and decided on some rules and away they went!
I know step0nmi is a member, perhaps she could give you some information.

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 25 May 2009 , 1:50pm
post #10 of 37

Yes, it is called the Critique Sub-Group. To join the group, you need to first become a Gallery Supporter. A Gallery Supporter is one who helps comment on photos to try and give every photo have a comment. Once you become a gallery supporter, you can join the Critique Sub-Group (CSM) and give and receive constructive critiques from the members of CSM. It's a great group! Let me know if you have any questions.

yamber82 Posted 25 May 2009 , 1:57pm
post #11 of 37

i totally want to join. where do i sign up? can i do it even though i'm still a newbie?

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 25 May 2009 , 2:02pm
post #12 of 37

We all like to see the comments under our cakes......I don't understand how you can have 40 favorites and no comments........If I just peek thru even the older pictures, I try and leave a comment........

If the cake is a little bit tweeky I try and put an encouraging comment.. If I put a cake into my favs I leave a comment and let them know (into my favorites). I will PM them if I have a suggestion or constructve criticism.

As far as critique comments ....sometimes the littlest hints and ideas go a long way. Maybe a special Gallary for those who want to put there cakes up to constructive criticism .

Trixyinaz Posted 25 May 2009 , 2:16pm
post #13 of 37

Good grief...I forgot how difficult it was to find things in the forums. I'm still not sure how I joined the Gallery Supporters, but click on this link or do a search in the forums for "Gallery Supporters" and you'll find out how to join. YOU have to join that group first before you can join the Critique Subgroup Members group. For something so helpful, it really isn't an easy group to find.

Once you join the Gallery Supporters, under your name you will see "GALLERY SUPPORTER" or something along those lines. Then, you will have access to the Gallery Supporter Forum, which is a private forum until you become a gallery supporter. Go in to the Gallery Supporter Forum and click on the Critique Sub Group Member thread. The rules/instructions are on the first page. Basically post a reply in that thread asking to join and then submit 3 photos from your photo album that you want critiqued. Remember, once you join, you'll need to critique the other members cakes.

That's all! Pretty simple.

cookie_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookie_fun Posted 25 May 2009 , 2:39pm
post #14 of 37

How do you become a gallery supporter?

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 25 May 2009 , 2:41pm
post #15 of 37

Trixyinaz - thanks for the info....I'm a gallery supporter but I don't know all the aspects.

lil_girl4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lil_girl4 Posted 25 May 2009 , 2:57pm
post #16 of 37

I did not know a group like that existed but I am interested. I better get to posting so I can sign up. I am a long way from 100 posts.

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 25 May 2009 , 4:11pm
post #17 of 37

Someone might have already posted this, but I found it in the FAQ's. Hope it helps ...

How can I join the "Gallery Supporters"?
Modified on 2006-09-07

Please do not send a Private Message to the site admins, or moderators requesting membership

You must have at least 100 Posts made to the forum before you qualify.

To Join the Gallery Supporters click here:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-forums-groupcp.html

Then choose "Gallery Supporters" from the dropdown, and click "View Information"
Then click the "Join Group" button.

Once the group moderator has approved your membership, you will have access to the "Gallery Supporters" Forum
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-forum-29.html
This is a private area where your group can discuss strategies and organization for tackling our enormous photo gallery. The only members that have access to read or post in this forum are official members of the "Gallery Supporters"
Keep in mind that all other chat needs to take place in thier proper forums. The only posts that should ever be made here should be specifically for the purpose of Supporting the CakeCentral.com photo gallery.

You will also have access to view the "Uncommented Cake Photos" area of the gallery.

If you click the "galleries" tab ....
right next to "search" you will see, "View Uncommented". Click on that and it will take you to the same area where the cakes listed have no comments.

lchris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchris Posted 25 May 2009 , 4:20pm
post #18 of 37

SaraClassic, it seems your comments is turned off. I would love to comment on your billard cupcake, but can't! icon_cool.gif

yamber82 Posted 25 May 2009 , 4:23pm
post #19 of 37

how do you know how many comments you have made?

yamber82 Posted 25 May 2009 , 4:24pm
post #20 of 37

and btw if you guys are looking to get your 100 comments you are more than welcome to comment on mine, hehe icon_wink.gif and i would def love some constructive criticism!!!!

thanks icon_smile.gif

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 25 May 2009 , 4:30pm
post #21 of 37

If it's posts not comments how many posts you have is listed along side every post you make. It's listed under the date you joined. I don't know if there is anywhere they keep track of how many times you comment on uploaded pictures.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 25 May 2009 , 4:33pm
post #22 of 37

It's posts, not comments, the comments aren't counted.
Thanks to those members who gave information about joining. icon_smile.gif

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 25 May 2009 , 4:44pm
post #23 of 37

A real easy way to join the Gallery Supporters is to look at one of our avatar's. Then you look under the avatar where their information is, at the bottom (like on mine) it says "Gallery Supporter Member". Click on those words and it takes you to the sign up area. This way you don't have to remember any particular page and you're not searching all over for the information. icon_smile.gif

HTH!
Gail

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 25 May 2009 , 4:53pm
post #24 of 37

Ah Gail, you're so smart. I knew it wasn't that hard when I joined, but I couldn't remember how I got there. Thanks!! thumbs_up.gif

SaraClassic Posted 25 May 2009 , 8:52pm
post #25 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixyinaz

Good grief...I forgot how difficult it was to find things in the forums. I'm still not sure how I joined the Gallery Supporters, but click on this link or do a search in the forums for "Gallery Supporters" and you'll find out how to join. YOU have to join that group first before you can join the Critique Subgroup Members group. For something so helpful, it really isn't an easy group to find.

Once you join the Gallery Supporters, under your name you will see "GALLERY SUPPORTER" or something along those lines. Then, you will have access to the Gallery Supporter Forum, which is a private forum until you become a gallery supporter. Go in to the Gallery Supporter Forum and click on the Critique Sub Group Member thread. The rules/instructions are on the first page. Basically post a reply in that thread asking to join and then submit 3 photos from your photo album that you want critiqued. Remember, once you join, you'll need to critique the other members cakes.

That's all! Pretty simple.

Went to lucnh and look what I started , lol. Im a GSM so I'll move along with trying to join CSG too. Thanks so much for the insight. Now I'll move along and start uploading more photos!
Thanks so much!

SaraClassic Posted 25 May 2009 , 8:55pm
post #26 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchris

SaraClassic, it seems your comments is turned off. I would love to comment on your billard cupcake, but can't! icon_cool.gif

icon_surprised.gif Great, go figure. No idea hpw I turned it off, so now I have to figure out how to undo my undo icon_razz.gif

SaraClassic Posted 25 May 2009 , 9:04pm
post #27 of 37

I made a new post in General forum "Critique Sub-Group" and asked all to come forward who are in it, I went through the group membership area and dont see a "sign up sheet" .
So check out that thread and if your interested we may get in this eliete group, lol. icon_lol.gif

cakeinthebox4U Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeinthebox4U Posted 25 May 2009 , 9:15pm
post #28 of 37

I'd love a group like this! I'm a ways away from 100 posts though. Anyone interested in creating an informal group together just to PM eachother for honest opinions? Is this allowed? PM me if it is and anyone is interested - I'd love some honest feedback since like most my friends and family won't ever say anything negative... even when I ask for it!

SaraClassic Posted 25 May 2009 , 9:55pm
post #29 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudwick

I'd love a group like this! I'm a ways away from 100 posts though. Anyone interested in creating an informal group together just to PM eachother for honest opinions? Is this allowed? PM me if it is and anyone is interested - I'd love some honest feedback since like most my friends and family won't ever say anything negative... even when I ask for it!

Sure Im up for it. but Im going to see what the rules / regs and info is on the formed group first if I can. No reason to have 2 of the same thing going on.

Trixyinaz Posted 25 May 2009 , 11:55pm
post #30 of 37

Sara -

You are already a Gallery Supporter, so go into the Gallery Supporter Forum and find the Critique Sub-group thread.

For others looking for an honest group to critique your work, there is no need to start a 2nd group --- ONE ALREADY EXISTS. They are always welcoming new members to the group. There is no sign up sheet, etc. Just post in the CSM thread which is in the Gallery Supporter Forum and you are in. You just have to be a GALLERY SUPPORTER first to join the CSM group.

And yes, you need to have 100 POSTS to join the gallery supporter group. To get your 100 posts, just ask questions, reply to threads and in no time you will have your 100 posts.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%