Favorite Petit Four Icing?

Decorating By dahir Updated 26 May 2009 , 12:10am by dahir

dahir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dahir Posted 25 May 2009 , 1:45am
post #1 of 6

What's the best icing for petit fours. From what I can tell there are about three different basic recipes. Does any one have a favorite?
I would like to make chocolate icing but white would be ok also
Thanks
Tracy

5 replies
mellee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellee Posted 25 May 2009 , 3:04am
post #2 of 6

bump

dahir Posted 25 May 2009 , 3:07am
post #3 of 6

Thanks for the bump. I prepared the cakes tonight and hope to get them covered in the morning. I have Twins graduating in a few weeks and wanted to make them for their party.
Thanks,
Tracy

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 25 May 2009 , 4:31am
post #4 of 6

This is the recipe I use for food processor poured fondant, which is what I use for my layered petit four glace.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7449-1-Food-Processor-Poured-Fondant.html

For chocolate, the simplest option is probably ganache (I would go with a higher chocolate ratio, so it will set a little firmer), although any number of chocolate glazes or. glazing products would work

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 25 May 2009 , 4:49am
post #5 of 6

My favorite is from a blog which I will try to find but I think it is the basic Wilton recipe for petit fours. It works really well and the lady who does the blog also has a great tutorial about petit fours. I'll post a link when I find it or you can search petit fours on here and it will come up repeatedly!

http://cakesandcupboards.blogs.....ours.html. This link probably won't work but if you go to her blog, you'll find it in no time!

dahir Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:10am
post #6 of 6

Thanks so much for the info. I think I cut them to thick also. I'll have to work on that also.
Tracy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%