leah_s Posted 23 May 2009 , 2:33am
post #1 of 64

Who's up?

Whatcha workin' on?

63 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 23 May 2009 , 2:42am
post #2 of 64

Just reading through the posts. I was working on chocolate transfers earlier, for a baby shower cake I'm doing for next weekend.

Strangely, it feels hotter outside now than it did when the sun was up. The chocolate became a bit uncooperative, so I put it down for the night.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

dutchy1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dutchy1971 Posted 23 May 2009 , 2:49am
post #3 of 64

I'm about to roll fondant to cover a 3D Mini Car. It's my 1st 3D sculpted cake so fingers crossed it all turns out ok.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 23 May 2009 , 2:49am
post #4 of 64

another diagram, as usual

and contemplating the farewell cake i'm doing tomorrow (church member off to the seminary to become a pastor)

cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 23 May 2009 , 2:50am
post #5 of 64

Hello, just taking a break from a Little Einsein cake and a Christening gown cake. I am also trying something new. Making MMf with some powdered gumpaste and PS to see how it comes out.

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 23 May 2009 , 2:53am
post #6 of 64

Finished baking cakes for DD's birthday cake: Dora! Did chocolate transfers yesterday, and fondant stars on wires. (second attempt at this! first time they turned out ok...hoping for similar success this time!) Thinking about icing the 75 star cookies...kinda late...long day w/kiddies...thinking I will do them in the am! (party's not til Mon.)
cathie: Little Einstein cake - are you making Rocket? icon_smile.gif

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 23 May 2009 , 2:55am
post #7 of 64

hi , all, i am making some wrestlers for a cake this coming week.. wwe cake.. making them from 50/50 fondant and gumpaste.. made her one last year for her son.. wants another one this year... different wrestler.. last year it was jeff hardy.. this year it is john cena.. have to look all this stuff up to get into it.. ha!

carolyn1489 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolyn1489 Posted 23 May 2009 , 2:56am
post #8 of 64

1st time posting here...working on my daughter's 1st birthday cake!!...playing it by ear, seeing what comes to me when I'm making it...definately a loopy bow and flowers and a gumpaste 1 (all made previously this week)...party isnt until Sunday, so tonight is a baking night!!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 23 May 2009 , 2:57am
post #9 of 64

I'm working on two wedding cakes and 1 groom's cake. Delivered 12 dozen wedding cupcakes + one giant cupcake, and another wedding cake for 250.

cathie_shinnick Posted 23 May 2009 , 2:58am
post #10 of 64

Yes rocket with the 4 chaacters and on top of a 10" sky cake. I am reall proud of it. My nephew will love it. his favoite is Quincey (I think thats what his name is) but I think the little blond girl is cute.

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 23 May 2009 , 2:58am
post #11 of 64

3 tier graduation cake with paisleys - two of the three cakes are covered and stacked - off to do the 3rd then its time to cut out all the paisleys!!

I am SOOOOOOOOO ready for BED!

djs328 Posted 23 May 2009 , 2:59am
post #12 of 64

anyone make any fun flavors for the weekend?? Tried a key lime cake for the first time...hoping it tastes as good as it smells! (you've not heard anything cuter until you hear an *almost* 3 yr old say, "mommy, I want Key Lime!") lol!!! Spoiled little girl! haha!

cathie_shinnick Posted 23 May 2009 , 2:59am
post #13 of 64

I love paisley. Cant wait to see.

txsteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txsteph Posted 23 May 2009 , 3:00am
post #14 of 64

Finished a birthday cake for my sisters FIL. Anticipating the craw fish boil party tomorrow .. mmmm yummy. About to upload the fishing birthday cake I made him. My first at gum paste figures, think I did ok.

djs328 Posted 23 May 2009 , 3:01am
post #15 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathie_shinnick

Yes rocket with the 4 chaacters and on top of a 10" sky cake. I am reall proud of it. My nephew will love it. his favoite is Quincey (I think thats what his name is) but I think the little blond girl is cute.

Sounds adorable! My son had a LE birthday for his 2nd (few years ago) and the Rocket cake was my first real 3D cake. Was so much fun!!! And he still talks about it. Good luck! Can't wait to see pics! icon_cool.gif

cathie_shinnick Posted 23 May 2009 , 3:02am
post #16 of 64

Yum, key lime sounds good. Want to share?

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 23 May 2009 , 3:03am
post #17 of 64

Can't wait to see your figures!!! I love figures!!

I just got some new paisley cutters and they are bigger than my other ones, so I'm kinda hoping this time goes faster than last time!! haha!!

Lineah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lineah Posted 23 May 2009 , 3:07am
post #18 of 64

trying to find ideas for a cake due on tuesday, so brousing cc for ideas.... Working on fondant people...I can do the face/hair ok, but still working on the bodies.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 23 May 2009 , 3:07am
post #19 of 64

Just finished my cakes...two pickups and one delivery tomorrow!

cathie_shinnick Posted 23 May 2009 , 3:08am
post #20 of 64

It was a really fun cake to make. My father made a hugh plywood cut out of rocket that will be used at the party as a bean bag toss ( he cut out holes where the lights are and in a few other places) I haven't posted pictures in months, I think I will on Monday though. I have quite a bit.

djs328 Posted 23 May 2009 , 3:12am
post #21 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathie_shinnick

Yum, key lime sounds good. Want to share?

My SIL made the orange creamsicle cake (on here in recipes) a couple wks ago for a christening cake...just subbed lime sherbert and lime yogurt - used a lemon cake mix and lemon pudding, and a little LoAnn lime oil...we'll see?! Smells yummy! Oh, added a little lime zest too...not sure on filling yet...maybe something lighter and simple to let the lime shine...any ideas? icon_smile.gif Maybe just a white choc mousse or a vanilla cream...

icer101 Posted 23 May 2009 , 3:12am
post #22 of 64

i forgot to ask when i posted ... what is a good filling for a fresh orange pound cake.. it is for my grandson next weekend. he wants an orange pound cake.. i will make it in layers.. thank you

sweet_teeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_teeth Posted 23 May 2009 , 3:18am
post #23 of 64

I just finished my biggest cake to date! I'm pretty proud of this one actually.
It's a design inspired by Alana Hodgson.

It's for a 1 year old's birthday. I made a smash cake as well.. but kinda screwed that one up so it's not in the picture yet. I used pink pearl dust spray to give it some shimmer.. and didn't realize the pink would be so dark icon_sad.gif Next time i'll just use the pearl to get this shimmer.

Ooh and let me mention.. I used SPS for the first time! Thanks Leahs! My tiers were a tiny bit too short but the border covers that pretty well. Now if I could just cover my cake flawlessly..

Happy caking!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alana_hodgson/2497041812/
LL

cathie_shinnick Posted 23 May 2009 , 3:18am
post #24 of 64

Orange goes well with chocolate!!! Chocolate ganache!

icer101 Posted 23 May 2009 , 3:24am
post #25 of 64

alexandrabill... your cake is beautiful... i do love orange and chocolate together... what kind of filling.. like.. whipped .. or what could be added to bettercream.. to go with the orange cake..

leah_s Posted 23 May 2009 , 3:28am
post #26 of 64

sounds like everyone's chugging along!
I'll be here a while.

djs328 Posted 23 May 2009 , 3:29am
post #27 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandrabill

I just finished my biggest cake to date! I'm pretty proud of this one actually.
It's a design inspired by Alana Hodgson.

It's for a 1 year old's birthday. I made a smash cake as well.. but kinda screwed that one up so it's not in the picture yet. I used pink pearl dust spray to give it some shimmer.. and didn't realize the pink would be so dark icon_sad.gif Next time i'll just use the pearl to get this shimmer.

Ooh and let me mention.. I used SPS for the first time! Thanks Leahs! My tiers were a tiny bit too short but the border covers that pretty well. Now if I could just cover my cake flawlessly..

Looks pretty flawless to me! Beautiful cake! I think the pink is perfect for a little 1 yr old girl! Great job!

leah_s Posted 23 May 2009 , 3:30am
post #28 of 64

Another voice for the SPS choir! It's getting to be a big group.

CbyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CbyA Posted 23 May 2009 , 3:32am
post #29 of 64

leahs! do you need any help? I'm just waiting for cookies to cool downicon_sad.gif

cathie_shinnick Posted 23 May 2009 , 3:34am
post #30 of 64

I just poured a glass of Chardonnay, this is fun. Oh, the cakes are done for the night. Its 11:30 pm here.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%