Tip

Decorating By ninatat Updated 24 May 2009 , 4:12am by madgeowens

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 22 May 2009 , 10:41pm
post #1 of 11

Hi all, i've been trying out all my tips and i love the look of 136 it has that lacy look but right in the middle of the flow a part will go straight, i've tried several times and it still does it do a any of you have this problem

10 replies
Sarsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarsi Posted 23 May 2009 , 3:47am
post #2 of 11

Umm..I have no idea, but here's giving you a bump...

And I'll give you a "TIP" too...LOL... in the title say "Question about tip #136" I bet you'll get a response soon!! icon_smile.gif HTH

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 23 May 2009 , 3:55am
post #3 of 11

I think sometimes they need a bit of adjusting....opened a bit more, could that be it?

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 23 May 2009 , 4:12am
post #4 of 11

I'm not quite sure what you are asking, but here is the tip, in cause someone else may be able to answer.

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E30E4F5-475A-BAC0-59A428910513993E&killnav=1

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 23 May 2009 , 5:15am
post #5 of 11

I can't quite picture what you mean..."it has that lacy look but right in the middle of the flow a part will go straight"... Are you using it to make a border?

I always thought this was a drop flower sort of tip...it looks like the sun to me. That's how I have used it. Maybe I am missing something somewhere.

madgeowens Posted 23 May 2009 , 6:57am
post #6 of 11

It looks to me like one I would use to do shell border.....I don't think I must know which tip you are using for something to be in the center. But this will bump it for you

ninatat Posted 23 May 2009 , 4:03pm
post #7 of 11

oh ok i'm using it wrong i tried it as a border, try it lol it's really pretty except when it messes up. maybe i'm hitting the practice board. Thanks for the info

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 23 May 2009 , 6:02pm
post #8 of 11

No one said you can't use it for a border. Tips are capable of doing whatever you can make them do. Looking at the tip, I think if I used masking tape to cover 1/3-1/2 of the holes on one side, it might be easier to make a border with it. Tips are tools. What we do with them is up to us. Just because no one else has ever made a border with that tip doesn't mean you can't be creative and figure out a way to make one! thumbs_up.gif

I once saw a cake decorating contest during a TV show about the OSSAS. Decorators were given ONE tip and told to use it in as many ways possible to decorate a cake in a limited time. It was a #88, which is a combo of a rose tip with an open star at one end. Bronwen Webber won because, using masking tape, she alternately blocked off portions of the tip... to create roses, a shell border, writing, etc. It was a awesome example of creativity and ingenuity.

ninatat Posted 23 May 2009 , 9:02pm
post #9 of 11

Oh ok, i'll try it it makes such a pretty lacy effect, i'm practicing my rose more, eventually i'll get it.
thank you

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 23 May 2009 , 9:11pm
post #10 of 11

tip in question was originally intended to make little borders on cake that would just fit around a birthday cake candle -- note the blank area -- and then the ring?

make the border, stick in the candle and on with the bonfire (well at least in my case!)

madgeowens Posted 24 May 2009 , 4:12am
post #11 of 11

Oh then its not the tip I thought she meant.........oh well thats very cool...do they still make them ?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%