Letter Cutters/molds

Decorating By auntmamie Updated 23 May 2009 , 4:17am by jillangel

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 21 May 2009 , 10:54pm
post #1 of 4

I'm looking to buy some letter cutters or molds. So far, I have looked at Wilton's set at Michaels (looks like candy molds that you press gumpaste into) and the tappits at Global Sugar Art, which are out of stock. What does everyone recommend? Please feel free to offer up another solution if there is a better option.



3 replies
Patycoelha29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaloSlatko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaloSlatko Posted 21 May 2009 , 11:08pm
post #3 of 4

I recommend tappits. I have learned a few tricks from CC members and Edna's YouTube tutorial and now find them a breeze to use. Letting the rolled paste firm up for a few minutes (I use sugarpaste with CMC/Tyllose) before cutting was the best tip of all.

jillangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillangel Posted 23 May 2009 , 4:17am
post #4 of 4

Funky Tappits!!! I just got these from another site that is not sold out and I LOVE them! Absolutely LOVE them! Most favorite new cake toy! I got the other tappits too but the funky are so cool looking!

Quote by @%username% on %date%