Anyone Own A Convection Oven?

Decorating By armywife1 Updated 2 Jun 2009 , 5:33pm by Loucinda

armywife1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywife1 Posted 20 May 2009 , 2:28pm
post #1 of 6

I just bought one for our kitchen and was wondering if anyone else uses one. I've never had/used one before, but I know it's supposed to cut baking time by 30%. If you use one, what temp. do you bake with and how do you adjust your time for baking? Just thought I would ask before I burn (or undercook) anything.

Thanks for your help!

5 replies
kwanghui Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kwanghui Posted 20 May 2009 , 2:35pm
post #2 of 6

I have two Dacor's and love them! I'm the anti-timer queen, so I never use the timer when baking cakes. I still bake cakes at 350, but rotate the pans every 10-15 minutes.

karapags Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karapags Posted 20 May 2009 , 2:35pm
post #3 of 6

Hi I have a convection oven and it does cook faster. I bake at 325. My sister has a professional convection oven and it baked my 18' cake very fast. She has a Viking. A lot faster then my convection oven.

Hope this helps.

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 20 May 2009 , 7:12pm
post #4 of 6

Now to confuse you more, i have a GE convection and bake on 300 with the fan on low until done. Sorry don't use a timer, but its takes about as long as a cake in a regular oven.

mombabytiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mombabytiger Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 5:18pm
post #5 of 6

It's all I use. General rule: 25 degrees lower than called for and about 10 minutes off the bake time.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 5:33pm
post #6 of 6

One other thing I do for the convection baking (thanks to Indydebi for this advice) is to put a small container of water in the bottom of the oven to help keep from drying out the top of the cake while it is baking....works like a charm.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%