How Is Done? Edible Images On Cookies

Baking By cookiescookies Updated 28 May 2009 , 12:34pm by linedancer

Cakeonista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeonista Posted 28 May 2009 , 1:43am
post #31 of 33

I have some cookies I made for Easter in my photos. I covered cookies with royal icing and let dry completely, then I attached image with piping gel, brushed on thinly and turned my cookies over and let them se an hour, then I turned back over and added decorations with royal icing. The image was on and very smooth and attached.

keystone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keystone Posted 28 May 2009 , 10:17am
post #32 of 33

Thank you! I'm going to try the images on cookies but just wasn't sure about what type of icing to use around the edges.

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 28 May 2009 , 12:34pm
post #33 of 33

cookiescookies - first welcome to CC, you will soon become addicted like the rest of us icon_lol.gif

Here is how I do my edible image cookies. I use MMF as my base, it has a couple of advantages. I think it is easier and quicker to apply and you do not have to wait for it to dry.

After the mmf is applied to the cookie, I use thinned corn syrup to adhere the edible image, take a small brush, estimate the size of the ei to the cookie and apply a small amount of the corn syrup in a smaller size area on the cookie. What you are trying to achieve is slightly sticky area on the cookie that the edible image will cover. Place your ie on the cookie, gently move it a little, so the corn syrup gets to the edges, then smooth with your finger. I then take an embosser and go around the edges, try not to get into the ei with your embosser.

I do mostly circle cookies with the ei, but I have done hearts. To make my edible images perfectly round, I use a punch that is dedicated to cookies. I print my edible images, make the cookie about 1/4 in bigger all around than the image, that gives me room to do the embossing. I take the sheet of icing images and cut a row of them off the main sheet. I then take the actual icing sheet off the backing and cut the ie with the punch. If I am going to use them right away, I don't bother to cut the backing, if I am going to store them, I punch a circle out of the backing and layer them back together. You could do the same thing with the heart.

Here is a link to a heart punch:

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat2785&PRODID=prd25516

Here is a pic of some Christmas cookies I did this way.

Sorry this is so long, hope this helps, if you have any questions, please pm me
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%