Car Cake Wreck

Decorating By madgeowens Updated 29 May 2009 , 4:35am by madgeowens

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 20 May 2009 , 7:18am
post #31 of 50

Ok over 100 views and not one comment LOL so I took it down..........................sheesh

Jazz2U Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jazz2U Posted 20 May 2009 , 10:28am
post #32 of 50

I always said this site makes me try things I'm not capable of! But a lot of times,it works out. How about a car for Father's Day? I think the shape of your car was great & so were the tires and you made you're GS sooo happy. That's what counts!

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 20 May 2009 , 11:05am
post #33 of 50

Well, it was made with love, it's his cake only (can't run out and buy one like it!), and it's from his Grandma. That makes it a wonderful cake!
And how else are we going to learn if we don't allow ourselves some experiments?
I think you did a fine job, personally.

madgeowens Posted 21 May 2009 , 4:32am
post #34 of 50

Thanks jazz and jan...............my grandson told his mom he thinks I'm crazy, because he thinks the cake was great...........

I expect more than I am capable of doing, withoout ever having any training I suppose...but I did learn so much....the big thiing is the foundation must be a good one.....icon_smile.gif

julia77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia77 Posted 21 May 2009 , 4:37am
post #35 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgeowens

Thank you so much. He absolutely loved it, I was never so happy. I could not believe it when he said, wow thats cool, then he looked at his dad and said thats really cool isn't it......made my day.....especially since the poor kid has a virus for his birthday, and seeing the cake perked him u for a few minutes.............and of course the presents. I guess I will post a pic of him with his cake. Thanks everyone. I know I made many mistakes......and learned so much.

Good for you!! icon_biggrin.gif

I wouldn't have even attempted to make a cake like that! icon_eek.gif

Jazz2U Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jazz2U Posted 21 May 2009 , 9:48am
post #36 of 50

Oh Julia, if you are hanging on this site, you will, you will...

julia77 Posted 21 May 2009 , 11:46am
post #37 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz2U

Don't tell me that! icon_lol.gif I'll never leave this section.....all my photos will be of cake disasters! I feel I am in the midst of one now icon_rolleyes.gif

madgeowens Posted 22 May 2009 , 3:23am
post #38 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by julia77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz2U

Don't tell me that! icon_lol.gif I'll never leave this section.....all my photos will be of cake disasters! I feel I am in the midst of one now icon_rolleyes.gif

Yes you are already hooked, I can tell.this site is addictive for sure.......I asked my hubby didn't he think I should try another car for fathers day...he never said a word........I take that to mean yes? LOL

welcome julia

julia77 Posted 22 May 2009 , 4:36am
post #39 of 50

Hmmm a silent husband when asked a question......that's a DEFINITE yes in my books icon_lol.gif

madgeowens Posted 22 May 2009 , 4:44am
post #40 of 50

lol thanks for that vote......that makes 2

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 22 May 2009 , 6:01pm
post #41 of 50

Madge, have you checked out Mike's Amazing Cakes video for car cakes? Your local library might have a video to rent. Though, honestly, I think you did great, just had to show that fondant who's boss, is all. icon_smile.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 22 May 2009 , 9:59pm
post #42 of 50

I can't tell you how many times I have done cakes for the first time that I was so disapointed in. You know you have a wonderful family - you made that cake with love for your grandson, and he KNEW that. And THAT is what matters. There are a lot of Gramma's out there that would not take the chance - they'd rather play it safe and make everyone ooohhh and ahhh over something simple. YOU did what HE asked for, and he will remember that forever. KUDOS to you, and I know you will kick butt on the next car cake you make for sure! thumbs_up.gif

madgeowens Posted 25 May 2009 , 6:38am
post #43 of 50

Yes he thinks it was awesome.......and he can't understand the no comments on it either lol..............oh well........beauty is in the eye of the beholder..........I hope next one kicks butt..........don't think it could be worse

julia77 Posted 25 May 2009 , 7:41am
post #44 of 50

I'm not sure what you mean by no comments? Is it posted in the gallery?

madgeowens Posted 26 May 2009 , 4:54am
post #45 of 50

Yes, its on my page. I have a few comments actually now. Just gp to my cake photo page.

AZCakeGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCakeGirl Posted 26 May 2009 , 5:15am
post #46 of 50

I don't think the cake is that bad either, however I know how you feel. One of my first 3-D cakes that I ever made was for my brothers birthday. I made a replica of his boat. I was so upset with the way it turned out. I mean, it was ok, but it wasn't near as nice as a lot of the "regular" cakes I've done in the past & I could definitely see that it was a rushed job. Well......I gave it to him since like your story, he already knew it was coming & he absolutely loved it! So much that he refused to cut it & saved it in his freezer for two years until he moved! I kept telling him that I would make another one that was even better & he said, "No, this one is special". I laugh every time I think of him pulling that old frozen cake out of the freezer to look at it! LOL!

julia77 Posted 26 May 2009 , 5:19am
post #47 of 50

I found it last night and added a comment! Wow those cake pics!! I feel very humble and inadequate when I start looking through the galleries icon_eek.gif

madgeowens Posted 26 May 2009 , 5:43am
post #48 of 50

My grandson didn't want to cut his car cake either but I said oh go ahead its your birthday, and I will make you another better, plus I took photos, and he finally agreed lol. Thanks so much for the kind words. You all rock. thumbs_up.gif

ccordes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccordes Posted 29 May 2009 , 1:12am
post #49 of 50

For what it's worth, my son saw the picture of you car cake and asked me to make one for his next birthday, lol. He thought it was AWESOME. I really just started this whole cake thing, so a cake like that is a long way off for me.

madgeowens Posted 29 May 2009 , 4:35am
post #50 of 50

You just made my day......thanks for telling me that.....if you want to try it I will help you with questions etc....I think I did everything you can do wrong haha....I learned soo much.....thanks again

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%