Decorating By lflowermoon Updated 17 May 2009 , 7:36pm by cylstrial

lflowermoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lflowermoon Posted 17 May 2009 , 6:39pm
post #1 of 4

Hi Everybody! Hope some of you can help me with this.
I have a wedding cake in June, and they requested a monogram, like on the Martha Stewart cake.
Any ideas?

3 replies
nancyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancyg Posted 17 May 2009 , 6:48pm
post #2 of 4

I have not did this monogram. But, I have pulled up a font reduced or enlarged on copy machine to get it to the size needed....then trace it on a gumpaste placque and then ice over it.

try this!

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 17 May 2009 , 7:01pm
post #3 of 4

Try a ball tool ---very gentle--- over fresh GP but you need to do it on a foam mat to get a good emboss then let dry.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 17 May 2009 , 7:36pm
post #4 of 4

For me, I would do what Nancyg said with choosing the font and size. And then I would tape the font on the bottom side of glass. Roll the gumpaste out really thin and then put that on top of the glass. Take a light and put it under the glass (you should able to see the outline thru the gumpaste) and then I would trace the outline with RI and then fill it in.

Quote by @%username% on %date%