Strawberry Chiffon Pie

Lounge By foxymomma521 Updated 18 May 2009 , 2:12pm by mkolmar

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 17 May 2009 , 4:20pm
post #1 of 5

I thought I just posted this a few minutes ago, but I can't find it in my forum posts...
My grandfather turns 82 on tuesday, and is in not so good health this year. So in an attempt to make what may be his last birthday a good one, I think I'm going to make him a Strawberry Chiffon Pie. From what I understand he loves it, but never really gets to eat it.
Does anyone have a recipe for it? I've googled it, and seen several different recipes. I think he'll like the graham cracker crust, but there seems to be so many recipes I don't know where to start. The one thing I do know is that I don't want to make it with cool-whip... I'd much prefer a recipe made with real whipped cream.
Thanks for reading this and any replies...

4 replies
foxymomma521 Posted 17 May 2009 , 8:51pm
post #2 of 5

does anyone have any experience making this? Please... any help would be appreciated.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 18 May 2009 , 4:10am
post #3 of 5

I've never made a strawberry one. Have you went to recipezaar or allrecipes? They have reviews you can read so you'll know which one you would prefer to use. I have a recipe for a lime chiffon but I've never changed it into strawberry so I don't know if it would work without fiddling around wit it first. Sorry, I wasn't any help. Good luck and happy birthday to your grandpa.

foxymomma521 Posted 18 May 2009 , 11:43am
post #4 of 5

Aww, thank you for the response... I didn't even realize there was such a thing as lime chiffon... If made with key limes is it as yummy as key lime pie? (That's MY favorite!)

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 18 May 2009 , 2:12pm
post #5 of 5

I personally prefer key lime pie over it, but the lime chiffon is good too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%