Rice Krispie Models?

Decorating By agroeve Updated 15 May 2009 , 12:51am by superstar

agroeve Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
agroeve Posted 14 May 2009 , 8:46pm
post #1 of 5

ok. i have seen lots of threads sayin they use rice krispie treats for models. i know i am probably being dense but how do you get a box of rice krispies into a baby or puppy or anything. is there some special glue or mix that makes them stick together and dry hard enough to sculpt

4 replies
superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 14 May 2009 , 10:54pm
post #2 of 5

Rice Krispie treats are made by mixing the Rice Krispies with melted marshmallows, if you can get them already made like we can here in the USA, it saves a lot of bother. To get a really good modeling RKT add melted chocolate & smoosh it all together, when this dries it is much firmer than just the RKT. This was a wonderful tip given on CC & I just can not remember who told us about it. Hope this helps you.

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 14 May 2009 , 10:59pm
post #3 of 5

I noticed you are in the UK. I do believe Rice Krispies in the US is called something else in the UK. I don't remember what it is, but it's cereal. You melt butter in a saucepan and add marshmallows. Once they are fully melted, add your rice krispies. I find it a lot easier to crush the cereal first, it helps avoid lumps in your figure. Let the mixture cool, then shape as needed. Cover in buttercream and/or fondant. I actually stick mine in the freezer once it is sculpted. That way it is really hard! Hope it helps!

Eme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eme Posted 14 May 2009 , 11:05pm
post #4 of 5

I think this is the post that superstar was referring to:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-623004-0.html

I marked this cuz I thought the idea was great!! icon_biggrin.gif

HTH

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 15 May 2009 , 12:51am
post #5 of 5

That's the one Eme, thank you, it is a very good tip.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%