Opportunity For Northwest Arkansas Decorator (Prairie Grove)

Business By tasteebakes Updated 15 May 2009 , 5:18pm by tasteebakes

tasteebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasteebakes Posted 14 May 2009 , 6:39pm
post #1 of 8

As some of you know, I own a little donut/breakfast shop in Prairie Grove where I also bake, decorate and sell my cakes out of. I have been doing that for about a year and half. Anyway, it has been excellent opportunity for me to build a portfolio.

I have been offered (and accepted) a position as decorator for a commercial bakery. We are renting out our house here (let me know if you wanna live here, lol) I have a married couple who will be running the donut shop for me but they do not do cakes. several of my customers have expressed dissapointment that they will not be able to get cakes here anymore...

Soooo... I thought I would see if there are any decorators in the area who would be inerested in renting out a space to continue making cakes for Prairie Grove and get the opportunity to build their own portfolio. I don't do a whole lot of volume, but some weekends I do 4 or 5 cakes and I had almost a dozen wedding cakes last season. (I did not advertise or follow any leads this year as I knew I was leaving)

It's a great opportunity as you will be covered under The Donut Shop's health certificate and business license (although I would suggest getting your own DBA and license (around $25 for both) as you would be responsible for your own sales tax)

Anyway, It's fabulous opportunity! It's all I did and now I'm off to NZ!

I was thinking around $200 a month. PM me if you are interested!

7 replies
sdrper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sdrper Posted 14 May 2009 , 6:46pm
post #2 of 8

I wish I lived in Northern AR but I live in the South icon_cry.gif and I don't think I could drive that far...but a great offer for someone. Good Luck with your decorator job thumbs_up.gif

tasteebakes Posted 14 May 2009 , 7:27pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks! yeah, too far to drive, lol!

thecreativeone4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecreativeone4 Posted 14 May 2009 , 7:36pm
post #4 of 8

Wish I could Tastee.. but my ex husband lives in Prairie Grove... even if I did live close enough! lol.. Good luck though.. icon_smile.gif

tasteebakes Posted 15 May 2009 , 12:19am
post #5 of 8

Love your burger cake though! Those nasty x's!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 May 2009 , 12:36am
post #6 of 8

You're going to New Zealand?? Wow cool.

tasteebakes Posted 15 May 2009 , 12:42am
post #7 of 8

Thanks! Way to figure that out!

Going to Auckland mid June.

My husband had a job offer in Memphis actually, lol. But we turned it down for the chance to go to NZ instead...

tasteebakes Posted 15 May 2009 , 5:18pm
post #8 of 8

just bumping this along, lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%