Scratch, Mix, Buttercream, Fondant, Charge, No Charge.....

Decorating By Shelle_75 Updated 15 May 2009 , 2:50am by jensenscakes

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 12 May 2009 , 8:33pm
post #1 of 23

So, a friend of a friend of my second cousin's next door neighbor told me I would be sponsoring her pen pal's quinceañera party by making her a free cake, and I was just wondering, if I made every other layer from scratch and every other layer from a box mix, and covered half in fondant and half in buttercream only, and told her it would be for free but she had to pay for the supplies and sing me a song while standing on her head and simultaneously patting her tummy, would this make everyone happy? And if you have a recipe for a good scratch white cake could you please email it to me by five o'clock with complete instructions in both English and Portugese? And by the way there are really too many of these posts but everyone has the right to either voice their opinion or tell people to stop voicing their opinion, but only on the third Tuesday in September, and my post is one big paragraph with no separations for topic change and I need to wash some laundry (the real kind, NOT the euphemistic kind) but I HATE doing socks because there are always some missing. And this post probably belongs in the lounge, and is reminicent of "The Most Controversial Thread EVER" thread, and is only intended to bring a smile to the faces of my favorite cake people in the whole world. Phew. I'm tired.

icon_lol.gif

22 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 12 May 2009 , 8:39pm
post #2 of 23

LOL.............you'll never make everyone happy!

sambugjoebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sambugjoebear Posted 12 May 2009 , 8:46pm
post #3 of 23

icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif After all that I feel like having the Spongebob/Patrick conversation that's in your signature.

Shelle_75 Posted 12 May 2009 , 9:05pm
post #4 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambugjoebear

icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif After all that I feel like having the Spongebob/Patrick conversation that's in your signature.

thumbs_up.gif

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 12 May 2009 , 11:59pm
post #5 of 23

That's all well & good, but what are your views on religion and politics?

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 13 May 2009 , 12:06am
post #6 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle_75

So, a friend of a friend of my second cousin's next door neighbor told me I would be sponsoring her pen pal's quinceañera party by making her a free cake, and I was just wondering, if I made every other layer from scratch and every other layer from a box mix, and covered half in fondant and half in buttercream only, and told her it would be for free but she had to pay for the supplies and sing me a song while standing on her head and simultaneously patting her tummy, would this make everyone happy? And if you have a recipe for a good scratch white cake could you please email it to me by five o'clock with complete instructions in both English and Portugese? And by the way there are really too many of these posts but everyone has the right to either voice their opinion or tell people to stop voicing their opinion, but only on the third Tuesday in September, and my post is one big paragraph with no separations for topic change and I need to wash some laundry (the real kind, NOT the euphemistic kind) but I HATE doing socks because there are always some missing. And this post probably belongs in the lounge, and is reminicent of "The Most Controversial Thread EVER" thread, and is only intended to bring a smile to the faces of my favorite cake people in the whole world. Phew. I'm tired.

icon_lol.gif

OK first things first..........Are you licensed? icon_lol.gif

Shelle_75 Posted 13 May 2009 , 12:06am
post #7 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbsCookies

That's all well & good, but what are your views on religion and politics?

LOL

Oh, no you did not.

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 13 May 2009 , 12:12am
post #8 of 23

Ahahahaha icon_wink.gif
Oh, that was great. I'll get on translating recipes to Protugese

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 13 May 2009 , 12:15am
post #9 of 23

Don't forget to only accept personal check as payment for the quinciniera cake, and deposit it into your personal checking account before the cake is due. icon_biggrin.gif

Shelle_75 Posted 13 May 2009 , 4:15am
post #10 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Hee hee hee. Nope. I have my own farmer's market roadside stand beside my driveway.

And animals in my house. icon_twisted.gif

mandyloo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandyloo Posted 13 May 2009 , 4:27am
post #11 of 23

lmao

en-passant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
en-passant Posted 13 May 2009 , 4:35am
post #12 of 23

LOL!

in2cakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
in2cakes2 Posted 13 May 2009 , 4:42am
post #13 of 23

At first I was like icon_eek.gif then I read on and was like icon_confused.gif then I was like dunce.gif and finally I was like icon_cool.gif

Shelle_75 Posted 13 May 2009 , 10:19am
post #14 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by in2cakes2

At first I was like icon_eek.gif then I read on and was like icon_confused.gif then I was like dunce.gif and finally I was like icon_cool.gif

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 13 May 2009 , 9:02pm
post #15 of 23
Quote:

Quote:

Hee hee hee. Nope. I have my own farmer's market roadside stand beside my driveway.

And a cigarette hanging out of your mouth with 3" of ash on the end? icon_lol.gif

alanaj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanaj Posted 13 May 2009 , 11:01pm
post #16 of 23

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! AT LEAST YOU DIDN'T YELL OR OVERUSE EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!

Michellers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michellers Posted 14 May 2009 , 4:23am
post #17 of 23

But tell me, did you deliver it with no box? And did you put it in the cargo area where your dog likes to sit?

luv2cook721 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cook721 Posted 14 May 2009 , 4:36am
post #18 of 23

Ha, ha, thanks for the laughs!

bemshelt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bemshelt Posted 14 May 2009 , 4:48am
post #19 of 23
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And a cigarette hanging out of your mouth with 3" of ash on the end? icon_lol.gif

And PLEASE tell me you had a baby on your hip with a soaking wet diaper, wet t-shirt, and a bottle of Mountain Dew.

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 14 May 2009 , 10:18pm
post #20 of 23
Quote:

Quote:

icon_lol.gif

LOVE IT! That always seems to be the #1 question. Someone could ask how to spell chocolate and the responses would somehow come back to "Are you licensed?"

Too funny!

Also, how much would you charge for .......

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 14 May 2009 , 10:29pm
post #21 of 23
Quote:

icon_lol.gif

YES...all of this WOULD make me happy!!! LOL - thanks for the laugh!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 15 May 2009 , 1:51am
post #22 of 23
Quote:

Quote:

icon_lol.gif

Dkelly! You totally stole my question!!!!

jensenscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jensenscakes Posted 15 May 2009 , 2:50am
post #23 of 23

Thanks I needed a great laugh today and now I have tears streaming down my face. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%