Edible Image...walmart???

Decorating By ColeAlayne Updated 13 May 2009 , 12:58pm by jlynnw

ColeAlayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ColeAlayne Posted 12 May 2009 , 5:57am
post #1 of 13

Where can I get an edible image printed? Do you think my local grocery store or Walmart would print an image for me?

12 replies
caincakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caincakemaker Posted 12 May 2009 , 6:00am
post #2 of 13

Try Baskin Robins if you have them out there. Some of them use them for their ice cream cakes. Our Baskin's just quit doing it so I got mine at a local wedding cake bakery they charged me $10 for what turns out to be a 7 x 10 inch print.

zubia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zubia Posted 12 May 2009 , 6:33am
post #3 of 13

I just asked my walmart today about it and they said they'll do it ,if its not a copy right image and guess what the price they told me for full page was $2.80.Iam going there tomorrow to get it printed.

cksweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cksweets Posted 12 May 2009 , 7:00am
post #4 of 13

That prices is so awesome!!! Thanks so much for sharing the info! I sure didn't want to purchase all that expensive equip. since I'm just a stay-at-home, only decorate for friends kinda gal! icon_biggrin.gif

jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 12 May 2009 , 9:45am
post #5 of 13

Wow, $2.80? I'm gonna have to check with my local Wal-Mart. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me! Thanks for the tip. icon_surprised.gif

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 12 May 2009 , 10:08am
post #6 of 13

Wow! thats an amazing price. I had checked at our local grocery store chain a while back and they would do it for me for $7 but their machine was broken and I havent needed it. I'm gonna check the walmarts near me, there are 2 that have a bakery.

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 12 May 2009 , 10:22am
post #7 of 13

My local grocery store will sell me one for $10.00, but I will check with Walmart...... so far, they won't even sell me a BOX, so I'm thinking an edible image is out of the question.... icon_lol.gif

sweetsbycheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsbycheryl Posted 12 May 2009 , 7:47pm
post #8 of 13

My local Walmarts will not even sell me the cake decopacs individually, so I feel your pain!! My Baskin Robbins and Mary Moos (another ice cream store) would not either- I got my last one at Martins grocery, but it was about $10.00- next time, I will just do FBCT instead !! thumbs_up.gif

ColeAlayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ColeAlayne Posted 12 May 2009 , 10:52pm
post #9 of 13

Ugh, I called several places. Two Walmarts had a printer but they were not working. The third Walmart had a working printer but the lady I talked to wasn't that knowlegeable about it and said she would have to talk to her manager.

Do you have to give them a physical picture, like a 4x6? I found the picture I want browsing on the internet. I have to do a cake with a Farmall B tractor for a small BBQ. Since I don't want to spend 10 hours playing with fondant and boards and stressing myself out, I thought an edible image was a good solution. It doesn't seem to be working out. Can anyone explain the whole edible image process to me??? What do they need in order to produce it?

spunkybear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spunkybear Posted 13 May 2009 , 2:21am
post #10 of 13

As a former Walmart decorator....not only CAN they do this but there is even a key code for them to print out the bar code!!! The decopacs also have a code and they come up and sell for $5.00. At least hear in NE Fla they are that much, but the code would be and is a universal/company wide code. Just and fyi.....

Jannie92869 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jannie92869 Posted 13 May 2009 , 12:41pm
post #11 of 13

Walmart is a good choice if the one near you will do them. I just went to one, took in a 5 x 7 color pic they scanned it into 8 x 11 for $5. She also told me you can get any deco pac cake kit for $5.

HTH

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 13 May 2009 , 12:47pm
post #12 of 13

Unfortunately we in central NJ don't have any Super Walmarts, so no bakeries in our stores. I don't even think NJ has a Super Walmarts (yet) or Target Superstores either. I don't know what the problem is in NJ getting these stores other than we have a million supermarkets. Oh well...when I need it I'll try the supermarket or Baskin Robins.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 13 May 2009 , 12:58pm
post #13 of 13

Our WalMart here will do the image and it is left to be done at the will of the bakery staff you talk to. My DD printed FREE coloring page, scaned it, and used Microsoft paint to color it. She wanted a cake made with her new picture to show DH, I think father's day. Wal-Mart would not do it because it looked like a copyright. "It came of the computer, right? Oh, then it is a copyright". They do have the codes to sell the decopacs and images, some places don't have the staff with the common sense and ability to do so however.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%