Fbct - Does Need To Be Frozen??

Decorating By ZlatkaT Updated 11 May 2009 , 10:50pm by ZlatkaT

ZlatkaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZlatkaT Posted 11 May 2009 , 10:29pm
post #1 of 7

OK, I just learn about FBCT and understand the procedure, never did it before, and wanted to do FBCT of the top of the all cake. BUT just figure out, it won't fit to my freezer. Aww, I was thinking, would just refrigerating for 24 hr or so work? The BC should crust there...
Anyone tried this? I might just do the image instead of the all top.

6 replies
Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 11 May 2009 , 10:36pm
post #2 of 7

Dumb Question What's FBCT icon_biggrin.gif

mmdiez10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdiez10 Posted 11 May 2009 , 10:38pm
post #3 of 7

Frozen Buttercream Transfer

mariela_ms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariela_ms Posted 11 May 2009 , 10:40pm
post #4 of 7

no dumb questions here! FBCT- Frozen Buttercream Transfer (there is a tutorial, front page of CC)

I think leaving that long in the fridge would work. It just has to get hard that's all. GOOD LUCK! icon_wink.gif

bellsnbows Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellsnbows Posted 11 May 2009 , 10:43pm
post #5 of 7

No dumb questions! We are all learning! FBCT=Frozen Buttercream Transfer
I really don't think it would work. I've run out of time trying to get them to freeze and had a lot of problems because they weren't completly frozen. I suggest you use a chocolate transfer. You can do the exact same thing as FBCT, but use white chocolate instead of buttercream. Just melt your chocolate, add coloring, and a little shortening and follow same procedure as FBCT. It can be put in fridge to firm up easily. Hope this helps! Good luck!

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 11 May 2009 , 10:46pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks Guys

ZlatkaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZlatkaT Posted 11 May 2009 , 10:50pm
post #7 of 7

Yah, Yah, I know what the FBCTT term is.... icon_lol.gif but was just wondering, if refrigeratoring would work. Thank you for the chocolate transfer tip, I will search for it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%