Help Baking Cheesecake Now!!

Baking By just_for_fun Updated 15 May 2009 , 10:19pm by just_for_fun

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 11 May 2009 , 2:56am
post #1 of 4

The recipe for the cheesecake I am making now makes enough for 2 cakes, and I only have room for 1 at a time. Is it okay to bake one and refrigerate the raw batter to bake tomorrow, or do I have to bake both tonight? One is going in now, so please help! icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

3 replies
Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 11 May 2009 , 3:05am
post #2 of 4

I dont see why you couldnt bake it tomorrow. But why not just cut the recipe in half? Did you already mix it? If you are too worried about it you could always run and get one of those crust that already in the pan and bake that tonight as well. I hope someone else has a better answer for you. Good luck Karema

kwanghui Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kwanghui Posted 11 May 2009 , 3:19am
post #3 of 4

can you just make the other one crustless? The problem with putting it in the fridge overnight and baking it tomorrow is, the most important key to baking a cheesecake is that all ingredients are at room temp when going into the oven. I have perfected this after a few years, and if you bake it cold, you will end up with several cracks. Probably not the answer you're looking for, sorry icon_sad.gif

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 15 May 2009 , 10:19pm
post #4 of 4

Wow, just saw these responses, I was not getting notices!
The problem was that I needed both cakes, and I had to have them cool by morning to have time to decorate them. When hubby came home 5 min after I posted, he said he had seen my neighbor out, so I called her an she said that she was still being up a while, so I could bake 1 in her oven. That's what good neighbors are for!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%