What Do You Do When....

Decorating By kmoores Updated 10 May 2009 , 9:51pm by kmoores

kmoores Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmoores Posted 10 May 2009 , 6:24pm
post #1 of 5

you've lost your cake mojo? I just can't seem to get into doing my cakes these days. It seems like I get the same ol' same ol' and am getting quite tired of it.... icon_cry.gif .... I also seem to have lost all my creativity with it icon_sad.gif Should I just give up for a little while....????

4 replies
cheesecakes-galore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheesecakes-galore Posted 10 May 2009 , 6:40pm
post #2 of 5

Wow! Your cakes are great! I do not know what you are talking about. I would say you are just being too hard on yourself. Maybe for fun you should make a cake that you have always wanted to try that would be different and a challenge. That could get you back in the mood. Or maybe you are just overworking yourself, and need to take a weekend off? Note just a weekend, you are too good to give up decorating for a while.

blondeez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blondeez Posted 10 May 2009 , 6:57pm
post #3 of 5

I know how this feels. I work in abakery and do cakes at home. There are some times that I am so slammed at work that when it comes to decorating at home I cant seem to get the creating juices flowing. Alot of times just walking away and getting out of the house for a day or two really helps. The creativity comes back and all is good.

laneysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laneysmom Posted 10 May 2009 , 7:13pm
post #4 of 5

I know exactly how you feel and I think we all go through it. Cheesecakesgalore is probably right--maybe you just need some time off or some new inspiration. I recently lost my mojo when my daughter asked me for a "Bolt" cake for her 6th birthday. I didn't like the theme, was frustrated with my kitchen space, and was under a lot of pressure at work. I did the cake, (after all, it was my daughter's birthday--what could I do??) but I was so unhappy with it I didn't even take a picture. I was sure it was the worst cake I had ever done and that I would never make another cake again. But she loved it, and that's all that mattered. Since then, I've come back to this website and I find my inspiration returning.

kmoores Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmoores Posted 10 May 2009 , 9:51pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the comments.... I do have to do a faux cake for a shop window tomorrow. I was going to do Damask, ordered the stencil - and the shipping cost more than the item and I wouldn't have received it in time. Very unhappy! Then I have customers that expect something for nothing! I feel like a disgruntled employee ~ and I'm the owner!! icon_cry.gif I think I'm taking next weekend off icon_biggrin.gif or the whole week! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%