Need Help Finding A Good Online Supply Store

Decorating By Lisaa1996 Updated 8 May 2009 , 5:35am by osorio

Lisaa1996 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisaa1996 Posted 7 May 2009 , 4:57pm
post #1 of 8

I have been shopping at Michael's to get most of my cake things but it is "eating" all my profits. Mostly because I never have a coupon when I stop there icon_sad.gif. Does anyone know of a good online store that would sell Lorann Oils and cake boards, etc...for a discount?
Thanks so much!

7 replies
tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 7 May 2009 , 5:03pm
post #2 of 8

I have become a wilton "hater" so I do almost all of my shopping online; I like jesters & bakerskitchen. There are so many places for cake boards, I'll be interested to see what others recommend price wise icon_smile.gif

galliesway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galliesway Posted 7 May 2009 , 5:57pm
post #3 of 8

Intotheoven.com
globalsugarart.com
http://www.countrykitchensa.com

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 7 May 2009 , 6:10pm
post #4 of 8

GLOBAL SUGAR ART!!!!!

suzannette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzannette Posted 8 May 2009 , 3:20am
post #5 of 8

sugarcraft.com is one of my favorites!!! and dolores is super nice

curiegas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
curiegas Posted 8 May 2009 , 4:37am
post #6 of 8

For the cake boards, you can try Sams club. I buy the half sheet boards for around $15 for 50 boards. The boxes are around the same price only that they are top and bottom pieces sold separately. They also sell other sizes.

Go to the bakery dept and ask an employee. They will not just be out.

HTH,
Cecilia

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 8 May 2009 , 5:28am
post #7 of 8

For those of you newbies, you cannot type the word s*ugar*craf*t here on CC, due to a major incident that occurred with them...wow, was that last year or 2 years ago now? Some people have had good experiences with them, but LOTS have had absolutely miserable experiences there and when it was discussed here, they became mind-bogglingly hostile to this cake community, and even posted hostile messages. It was appalling. Anyway I personally have never shopped there but I thought that newbies should understand why that word won't appear when you type it. My understanding is that blocking the word is the only way to make sure they cannot search this site to snoop on CCers and harass us if we post about bad experiences with their company.

Phew. That said, the other previously mentioned sites are ones I too have often seen listed as favorites, and yes G S A is nothing but wonderful. For teeny tiny orders, I really like cakeart.us . If you need, say, just 1-2 jars of luster dust or Americolor, their shipping is remarkably fair. Like, $2-3. Nothing drives me crazier than needing two jars of luster dust and having to pay $8 bucks in shipping when I KNOW the actual cost is around a dollar! icon_mad.gif

osorio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
osorio Posted 8 May 2009 , 5:35am
post #8 of 8

GLOBAL SUGAR ART, the best !!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%