Dang That Felt Good...happy Rant..long!

Business By __Jamie__ Updated 8 May 2009 , 3:36am by indydebi

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 7 May 2009 , 7:13pm
post #31 of 34

Oh no.. I was saying that the planners I know would be appalled at the thought of bidding a cake and getting for less and keeping the moulah. I'm sure she's a sweetie and trying to be accommodating.

I'm glad you aren't going to bend. You really can't. You have a less-than-walmart budget... you get way you pay for. icon_wink.gif

margaretb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margaretb Posted 8 May 2009 , 2:39am
post #32 of 34

Just curious what your ACTUAL quote for the cakes they wanted was.

Maybe the planner just gave up on explaining that the cake budget was unrealistic and used you for a dose of reality. But then maybe not, if she seriously thought you would make all those cakes for $400-something.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 8 May 2009 , 3:12am
post #33 of 34

I'd rather not say my actual quote, but it was well above double what they were looking for. So...we'll see. I just don't think she is tuned into cake pricing, just the other stuff...I don't know. She's a nice gal, and she totally shared my frustration as she told me today she is ready to drop that BTB alltogether after getting hollered at by her for other things. Sounds like this client is just a PITA to everyone she comes across. 300 people...means a lot of planning, she has probably gotten in over her head is trying to scratch her way out by beating up on her vendors and trying to play the whole "tight budget" game. A tight budget is perfectly fine when you plan appropriately...but this late into the game....you better be able to pay up if you wanna play.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 8 May 2009 , 3:36am
post #34 of 34

It's been said lots of times, but I'm sick of the "we're on a budget" thing and they think that will influence us.

I don't know about you guys, but I've never had a bride walk thru my door and tell me, "The sky's the limit! Start racking up the bucks! I don't care what it costs!" Nope! Never had one of them! Still waiting for her though! But she hasn't shown up yet. Has she been by your place?? icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%