Ads On Cake Central

Decorating By cutthecake Updated 5 May 2009 , 12:36am by Gingoodies

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 4 May 2009 , 7:25pm
post #1 of 12

Is anyone else startled by those teeth whitening ads that pop up frequently on this site? I find it most un-appetizing and un-appealing, especially when I'm fantasizing about cakes and cookies and cupcakes! It's like talking to Mr. Ed. Maybe it's the diet aid I've been searching for!

11 replies
blu_canary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blu_canary Posted 4 May 2009 , 7:35pm
post #2 of 12

*LOL* My favorites are the weight loss ads. Right. Because if I want to learn how to lose 15 pounds of belly fat in just 3 days, then where I'm going to be cruising is CC.

I think I've GAINED 15 pounds of belly fat just sitting here looking at beautiful, sinful cakes.

Or maybe it's because I really do like buttercream!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 4 May 2009 , 8:19pm
post #3 of 12

I have to try to stop them before they come up. They keep crashing my computer. Might not be a problem for newer computers, but my old baby can't take all those moving ads.

aliciag829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciag829 Posted 4 May 2009 , 8:29pm
post #4 of 12

Yeah they're not the best sight for my tired eyes. But If I have to look at a couple ugly ads in order to keep CC free, it's fine with me! icon_lol.gif

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 4 May 2009 , 8:32pm
post #5 of 12

I don't mind the ads in general, it's just those teeth! I never liked the movie Cujo, with all those bared teeth on those growling dog.!

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 4 May 2009 , 9:32pm
post #6 of 12

LOL!

Jen icon_smile.gif

destinyrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
destinyrn Posted 4 May 2009 , 9:58pm
post #7 of 12

Those teeth were reminding me of Cujo. But the beautiful cake pictures make it up.

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 4 May 2009 , 10:08pm
post #8 of 12

I kinda got use to seeing those funky teeth, figured mine will end up like that with all the sweets I eat. Then you have all those weight loss ones that make logging on to cc even harder. You just can't diet and be on cc.....that's like mixing oil & water.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 4 May 2009 , 10:14pm
post #9 of 12

I get nauseated when that fat guy's HUGE gut is hanging out -- come on, I'm trying to look at a cake already!!! icon_confused.gif

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 4 May 2009 , 11:06pm
post #10 of 12

I have to agree those teeth ads are gross especially the ones where the two front teeth are different colors, one is translucent...man they gross me out.

MessiET Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessiET Posted 4 May 2009 , 11:47pm
post #11 of 12

I agree... the teeth ads are gross!! I scroll up the page until it disappears... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I don't mind the other ads... just those teeth... ugh!

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 5 May 2009 , 12:36am
post #12 of 12

And I thought I was the only one totally opposed to those wonderful (NOT) teeth whitening ads. Sheesh. The naked bellies are not much better either. Think cake think cake think cake...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%