Advice For Advertising

Business By crcl72 Updated 4 May 2009 , 11:42pm by crcl72

crcl72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crcl72 Posted 3 May 2009 , 1:34pm
post #1 of 3

We have decided to start marketing ourselves to our local community to increase sales (to attract more than just our word of mouth customers). Can anyone give us some advice on how to write an effective advertisement or point us in the right direction? We live in a very rural area, but we do have our foot in the door in a local university. Any marketing or advertising success stories? Thank you so very much!

2 replies
sweetsuccess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsuccess Posted 3 May 2009 , 2:09pm
post #2 of 3

Hello:

I live in NYC --as urban as you can get- and I know you are asking about written ads, but I would first try an actual demo--say at a farmer's market, a fair or community festival--after church a quick demo of how to decorate cupcakes--pass out samples.

If you are able to arrange something like this --where there is lots of foot traffic--you can write a press release and mail or email out to your local newspaper(s) and radio stations.

This would generate buzz and possible media attention. (Ask for a video clip to upload onto your website). You can have your business cards and flyers handy. As for a written ad---use very few descriptive words and use large, sharp, colorful photos of your yummy creations!

Hope this helps.

Dina

crcl72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crcl72 Posted 4 May 2009 , 11:42pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks so much

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%