Cupcake ?

Decorating By CakeBakingGurl Updated 4 May 2009 , 2:40pm by brincess_b

CakeBakingGurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeBakingGurl Posted 2 May 2009 , 8:30pm
post #1 of 4

I have to make cupcakes for a wedding. The bride wants smooth butercream. I thought I remember seeing a recipe for a type of icing you can dip the cupcake in and it makes it pretty and smooth.. Not sure I could totally be dreaming this up lol!!

Any help or tips would be Greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

3 replies
shanna_banana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanna_banana Posted 2 May 2009 , 9:51pm
post #2 of 4

You can find "rolled buttercream" in the recipe section. Perhaps you could cut out circles and attach them with a regular buttercream.

I know the technique you are referring to, but not sure what it is. Maybe liquid fondant? (check recipe section)

I know I keep saying check the recipe section, but it's because I know it's there. Sometimes it takes a while to find it, so try doing a "search". If I find a recipe that I think will work for you, I'll come back and post it. Good Luck! thumbs_up.gif

shanna_banana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanna_banana Posted 2 May 2009 , 10:03pm
post #3 of 4

OK, here's a rolled buttercream fondant that looks like it might work for you:

I just re-read your post and the part about "the bride wants smooth buttercream". My other suggestion is to use a crusting buttercream with the Viva papertowel method. Here is the link:

Good luck!

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 4 May 2009 , 2:40pm
post #4 of 4

i think you are thinking of poured fondant, it is really pretty. you can also use glace icing, mmmmm.
smoothing bc on a cupcake... well, id say charge more! i couldnt be bothered, id encourage her towards something faster and easier. although i guess its the same as anything, once you have a routine you'd be fine. maybe ask her about a swirl of bc, or a fondant (or rolled bc? never tried it) circle.

Quote by @%username% on %date%