Help! I Have A Problem With Mmf...corn Syrup Cure???
Decorating By SugarHighBakery Updated 29 May 2009 , 1:30pm by Lady_Phoenix
I needed to make a large batch of MMF in grey/black since it is for a computer cake. I melted my marshmallows and decided to add the black coloring then and mix it in before adding in the powdered sugar. The MMF has NO stretch to it and pulls apart (kinda like a dense cookie dough) It is pretty soft too as I had to add more Crisco when needing it.
Should I have NOT added the color to the melted marshmallow?
I have read somewhere to add glycerine to give it stretch but dont have any on hand and have too much driving distance to just run out to get some.
Would I be able to use corn syrup in place of the glycerine...if so, how much do I use?
I always add a little corn syrup to my MMF. It does help with the stretch but not as much as glycerine will.
Quote by @%username% on %date%
%body%