Wilton Color Mist Spray??

Decorating By Mikel79 Updated 28 Apr 2009 , 12:25pm by djs328

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 1:35am
post #1 of 6

Hi All!

Has anyone ever used the Wilton brand Color Mist Food Color Spray on a Buttercream Iced Cake?

I am doing a cake in a couple weeks and thought that I would add some highlights to the cake by spraying some of this spray on it.

What do you think?? Do they really work? Any Tips, or horror stories from them??

Thank you

5 replies
CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 1:43am
post #2 of 6

I used it on the Buzz Lightyear cake in my gallery. It worked, but to get it that dark took a lot of color. I did it in three coats. Make sure you do it outside, or on a covered surface, because it goes everywhere! It was kinda hard to breath, too, but I did use a lot.

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 12:11pm
post #3 of 6

I have used it too & it gets everywhere, so make sure you cover your work area icon_smile.gif .
The only problem I had was that I would get droplets spray onto the cake so I wiped the spray nozzle quite a few times.

hth

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 12:18pm
post #4 of 6

I was totally unsuccessful using it. It was watering and dripped everywhere. I don't know if it was the product or me.

cathyfowler662 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyfowler662 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 12:18pm
post #5 of 6

I agree....cover your work area and wipe the nozzle often. I too get the droplets of color.

Works great though.

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 12:25pm
post #6 of 6

Have used it - works well, but def agree with PP's - wipe that nozzle often so you don't get drips. Practice a few sprays on a board or something. I used it on my jungle cake to do the 'grass' on top of pale yellow icing. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%