Fondant Letter Cutouts

Decorating By AmyGonzalez Updated 30 Apr 2009 , 5:58pm by tonimarie

AmyGonzalez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyGonzalez Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 10:41pm
post #1 of 12

I have seen alot of cakes on here with nice fondant lettering. Are they cutouts, and if so where can I get them?

11 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 11:32pm
post #2 of 12

They are called FMM alphabet letters. You can get them at www.globalsugarart.com.
They are also available at CK. And sometimes they are called tappits. They come in lots of different fonts, which is pretty neat. But a lot of times, you buy all the upper case and then you have to buy all the lower case separately. So keep that in mind!

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 2:09am
post #3 of 12

I just recently bought a set of tappits, because I like you thought how very nice the fondant writing looks! I've only tried them once, but the fondant stuck in it majorly and I got icon_mad.gif and threw them down! I guess I need to do some research on how they actually work!

saap1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saap1204 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 12:43pm
post #4 of 12

I was thinking of buying the tappits but was afraid what happened to tonimarie would happen to me. I am going to buy the JEM cutters (sold on Global Sugar Art and other places). My friend has the Wilton cutters (which I borrow and use more than her) and those look very nice. I can't write on a cake to save my life!

adunfag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adunfag Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 1:05pm
post #5 of 12

If you are having difficulty with the tappits, Tonedna has a wonderful video on You Tube that shows how to use them with no problems. I used to have the problem with them sticking and after watching her video, I am happy to say, "I love using my tappits."

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 1:15pm
post #6 of 12

adufag, will you give us the link to toneda's video, please?

rockysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockysmommy Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 1:20pm
post #7 of 12

ericaplh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericaplh Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 1:29pm
post #8 of 12

I was wondering about this as well...I have a set of cut-out letters that I can't stand...always stick..gonna go check out the video and see if I'm doing something wrong.

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 3:15pm
post #9 of 12

Thank you, rockysmommy!!

AmyGonzalez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyGonzalez Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 7:50pm
post #10 of 12

Thanks cylstrial! icon_biggrin.gif These are exactly what I have been looking for!

Thanks rockysmommy for the link to edna's tutorial, gotta love her, she is so awesome and talented and I love that she teaches us how to do so many cool techniques! thumbs_up.gif

shebaben Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shebaben Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 3:56am
post #11 of 12

Yea, I have the Wilton ones and they were icon_evil.gif to use! After hours of work, I threw them out! Sticky isn't the word for it! Now, I'm going to watch the tutorial and see if I should invest in another set of some sortl Thanks...PAT

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 5:58pm
post #12 of 12

just watched the youtube video by tonedna icon_smile.gif she makes it look soo easy........I guess I'll have to get out the tappits and try it again. Thanks for the link

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%