Is The Grass Tip (#133) Supposed To Fit?

Decorating By miss-tiff Updated 28 Apr 2009 , 12:14pm by giraffe11

miss-tiff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss-tiff Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 10:27pm
post #1 of 9

Strange question - I can't get my grass tip to fit on a standard coupler. I think it's a no-name brand one, and it seems to be the right size, but the part that screws on to the coupler just barely doesn't fit. Is that unusual? It seems too small to be a tip that doesn't require a coupler. (I'll buy a new one if this one is just deformed - but I figured I'd check first rather than waste time tracking a new tip down if they're all like this)

Thank you for help with such a small problem. icon_redface.gif

8 replies
cakesbytanya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbytanya Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 11:02pm
post #2 of 9

My grass tip is #233 and yes it does fit a standard coupler.

KrisD13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrisD13 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 11:59pm
post #3 of 9

Mine is a 233 and fits, also.

mrsunknown Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsunknown Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 1:29am
post #4 of 9

Are you saying that the tip is a no name one or the coupler is a no name one?

miss-tiff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss-tiff Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 2:47am
post #5 of 9

Thanks for the responses. I have Wilton couplers, but the tip doesn't have a brand marking on it anywhere. I will search out #233 instead then. thumbs_up.gif

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 2:59am
post #6 of 9

I ran into that with a couple of my tips. They are wilton and so are my couplers and they didnt want to fit properly.

giraffe11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giraffe11 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 3:12am
post #7 of 9

You can always just use it without a coupler, if you don't intend to change colors with it. If you grass is all going to be green........no problem.
None of the tips actually "require" a coupler to work. It only makes it a heck of a lot easier to change tips out in the middle of decorating.

mrsunknown Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsunknown Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 4:38am
post #8 of 9

Yeah me too patticakesnc, the other night i was trying to put a wilton tip on a no name coupler and it wouldn't fit but then a different wilton tip fit....they are suppose to be the same size!! lol icon_lol.gif

giraffe11 I wouldn't know how to use it without a coupler....that would have come in handy the other night.....do you mind sharing how you would do that? icon_razz.gif

Good luck miss tiff

giraffe11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giraffe11 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 12:14pm
post #9 of 9

You just cut the normal hole in the bottom of your bag and drop the tip in. You do have to be a little careful that the hole is not too big for the tip, or the pressure of the icing will push the tip out. But it isn't hard at all. Just drop the tip in and put icing behind it and you're ready to go. I do this all the time, b/c I always seem to end up with one or two more icing colors than I have clean couplers.
Actually, my Mom decorated cakes for 12 years without even owning a coupler. She was just way too stubborn to spend extra money on something that wasn't absolutely necessary. icon_lol.gif
The one major drawback, as I mentioned before, is that you can't change tips without emptying the bag, so it only works well if you are using one tip for the color.
Hope that helps a little bit.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%