Last Cake Standing Finale

Decorating By gscout73 Updated 27 Apr 2009 , 1:32am by gscout73

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 12:52am
post #1 of 14

Ok, I've read the other thread and followed the competition. But am I the only one disapointed with Bronwen's cake design? I like her themes and ideas, but the overal stack of cakes on a pole... I dunno, it just doesn't scream out to me as....... well, I just think it looks a litte odd.

They are now facing the judges... wow.

13 replies
gscout73 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:05am
post #2 of 14

Ok, they did it. I could see the disapointment in Bronwen's face.

Sandy

Vylette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vylette Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:07am
post #3 of 14

watching all that work made me tired!
Im not sure which cake between Mary and Courtney's cake I like better.
They were both great.

clovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clovely Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:09am
post #4 of 14

So is this the spoiler thread? I hope so 'cause here I go (you've been warned!)...

I was rooting for Bronwen. I think she's so talented and such a cutie But by the end I was pulling for Courtney and identifying with her more.

I think if Bronwen had more time to work through her idea, it would've come together better. If she'd had time to tweak it once she got it assembled and saw the limitations in the design, I thikn she could've worked around it. I thought Courtney's was more fun than Mary's. But those two were really pretty similar so I guess that amazing car put her over the top.

They're all just so talented it amazes me!!

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:17am
post #5 of 14

no, you're not the only one, I was pretty disappointed, too. I was rooting for a Bronwen-Mary showdown with Mary being the ultimate victor

SpoonfulofSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpoonfulofSugar Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:20am
post #6 of 14

All three cake designers are awesome! I really could not decide which cake I liked better. But, I would like to comment that even though Bronwen did not have the best cake this round she had such a great attitude about the whole thing. I would not have handled it so well. That's one thing that I love about her.

mommak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommak Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:20am
post #7 of 14

They are all extremely talented!! How exhausting it must have been.
I was especially thrilled to see who they were doing the cake for...THE KIDS LIVE HERE WHERE I DO!!! I had absolutely no clue they were going to be on the show. Such a wonderful family. thumbs_up.gif

mrscromer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrscromer Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:20am
post #8 of 14

NNNNNNooooooo, I can't believe it, Mary won.....Courtney should have gotten it. Anyone but Mary. All she cared about was the money. MONEY! MONEY! MONEY! What about the title of being the best Cake Decorator, the bragging rights.....I think every other phrase out of Mary's mouth was $50,000.00. I was getting a headache just listening to her. I was for Brownwen(sorry if I spelled it wrong) and was a little disappointed with her cake design too. But overall it was a great competition.

lesalyric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lesalyric Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:21am
post #9 of 14

**SPOILER** West coast cakers LOOK AWAY!

I am just glad Mary won. She is my absolute favorite.

Ahunt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ahunt Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:22am
post #10 of 14

Ok I am so hooked on that show (even have my husband glued to it!) that I really was disappointed!

I loved Bronwen's idea.. thought it was the best out of the show. Just sad that she didn;t execute it to the ability she has shown before. I loved courtney's design but Mary's car sealed it for me. I know I am a perfectionist over my cakes and it gets stressful but those two and their breakdowns just kill me!!!

Kind of upset its overicon_smile.gif

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:24am
post #11 of 14

If they only could have gotten some sleep before the competition. Take a break from working 12-18 hours and then go again. I think the cakes would have really reflected their skills closer to the true skills. How many of us have been up at 2 a.m. and work on a cake to take and nap and come back and wonder what the heck we were thinking? They all would have done better, would it have changed the outcome? Probably not but it would have been great to see cleaner work and better cakes. They all were still amazing but not each competitors best.

Lady_Phoenix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lady_Phoenix Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:24am
post #12 of 14

I so wish Courtney would have won! Marys cake was awesome too, but it was leaning!!

Omicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Omicake Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:27am
post #13 of 14

This has been a wonderful and exciting challenge for the last four Sundays. I'm very happy with the outcome. Courtney's work was excellent. She was among titans, as Kerry Vincent well put it, and came in second. Congratulations, Courtney !!!
Mary winning didn't surprise me a bit, she's awsome! Congratulations as well!
Bronwen is great too, but the judges had to make their pic. Maybe next time she'll be the winner.

gscout73 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:32am
post #14 of 14

I did like the car, but the top tier of Mary's cake was huge. Bronwen's cake got the most compliments by the kids. But I bet they had to eliminate her because technically her cake was not complete by missing the top.

I was rooting for Bronwen since the wedding cake challenge when she was told she was the only one who's cake reflected everything the couple told her. But tonight when they showed Bronwen's sketch, I was so disapointed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%