New Ka Blade!!!

Decorating By Momkiksbutt Updated 8 May 2009 , 5:23am by Momkiksbutt

Momkiksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momkiksbutt Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 2:07am
post #1 of 39

Look what I just got from my DH for Mother's Day a few weeks early!!!! I'm soo excited!!
LL

38 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 2:17am
post #2 of 39

i just got one also.. my friend bought her one and me one too. .. good friend . huh? good husband , you got too!!!

cakedoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedoll Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 2:19am
post #3 of 39

You are so going to love this blade. I broke down and bought one about a month ago. What a wonderful gift!

I kept dropping hints; it never works, so I bought it myself...lol.

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 2:19am
post #4 of 39

I received one for Xmas from MIL. It is the greatest you will love it especially when you make royal icing.

Momkiksbutt Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 2:38am
post #5 of 39

And how cool is it that it's PINK too!!

kaseynh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseynh Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 2:43am
post #6 of 39

I thought I hinted pretty heavily for one this past Christmas and nobody got the hint! I think I may need to break down and buy it myself!

Karen icon_rolleyes.gif

mygirlssweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mygirlssweet Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 2:44am
post #7 of 39

Wouldn't you need two? One for buttercream one for royal icing. Since the scrapper is rubber, I would think it would be hard to get totally grease free.

Momkiksbutt Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 3:14am
post #8 of 39

That's what DAWN is for hun! LOL

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 8:04am
post #9 of 39

Quick question, the beater blade doesn't fit the 4qt mixer does it? If not I'm gonna have to beg for a 5qt mixer before I can beg for the beater blade.......oh no!

katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 1:51pm
post #10 of 39

What is the difference between this blade and the regular one? Where can you get them?

Thanks,
Kat

Chippi Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 3:34pm
post #11 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by katwomen1up

What is the difference between this blade and the regular one? Where can you get them?

Thanks,
Kat

Click on the picture in the first post or google KA beater blade. It has a rubber rim around the edges to scrape the bowl as your mixing. I think it only fits the 5qt KA though .....waaaaaaa icon_cry.gif

Chippi

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 3:37pm
post #12 of 39

The blade fits the 4qt. I had a 4qt when I got it and then received a 5qt and it fit that one too. Also it is dishwasher safe so royal icing and buttercream is not an issue. The blades have rubber edges like windshield wipers so it scrapes your bowl and you don't have to stop and scrape. it does it all for you.

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 3:54pm
post #13 of 39

I have a KM020 Titanium Major and it's the BEST, it comes with the Major Flexi Beater Bowl Tool,that all i use,don't want to use anything else,absolutely no need to scrape.

Chippi Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 4:15pm
post #14 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALVARGA

The blade fits the 4qt. I had a 4qt when I got it and then received a 5qt and it fit that one too. Also it is dishwasher safe so royal icing and buttercream is not an issue. The blades have rubber edges like windshield wipers so it scrapes your bowl and you don't have to stop and scrape. it does it all for you.

Reallyyyyyy? when I went to purchase one time it says for 5 qt KA. Hmm awsome I think I will order one. I can always return it. Thanks Alvarga!

Chippi

katwomen1up Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 4:46pm
post #15 of 39

Thanks everyone, I'm sold I'll have to go get one.

Kat

galliesway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galliesway Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 5:01pm
post #16 of 39

Me too, me too! That's going on my have list .

Kelley

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 6:02pm
post #17 of 39

Just bought one and love it, but mine is not pink <boohoo>! They come in different sizes for Kitchenaid as well as other brands - be sure to get the correct size for your mixer thumbs_up.gif .

Momkiksbutt Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 2:22am
post #18 of 39

LOL...I feel so special that mine pink! LOL

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 2:28am
post #19 of 39

where do we buy these? not sure what size my KA is as i bought it at Fred Meyers (i worked there at the time) about .. 14-15 years ago (yup that long ago)

weezasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weezasmom Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 2:38am
post #20 of 39

My DH bought me one about 3 months ago, but I think it was for him cause he makes most of my frosting! But I love it too!!

blondeez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blondeez Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 2:50am
post #21 of 39

Cooking.com has the pink KA blade.. I just ordered one..

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 3:04am
post #22 of 39

it doesn't like me lol i can't find it oh well

Momkiksbutt Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 3:11am
post #23 of 39

EBAY, EBAY, EBAY!!![/b]

shanna_banana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanna_banana Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 5:15am
post #24 of 39

For everyone wanting more info this is what I've found:

To get all the info you need to match your KA or whatever mixer you have you can go to beaterblade.com

They also give tips and info on mixing, problems, etc. (pretty nice site I thought)

There are about 10 or so listed on ebay. Just make sure you are getting the one that goes with your mixer (see beaterblade website).

I am bidding on one on ebay right now! icon_smile.gif

Momkiksbutt Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 6:42am
post #25 of 39

YOU GO GIRL!!

shanna_banana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanna_banana Posted 3 May 2009 , 4:51am
post #26 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momkiksbutt

YOU GO GIRL!!

Thanks. But I lost the bid on ebay, several times. icon_cry.gif I don't think I know what I am doing. So I went to Amazon and got one (pink) with free shipping. Can't wait to use it. Would never have known about it had it not been for you wonderful CC'ers. Thanks a bunch! icon_biggrin.gif

P.S. I have a 4 qt. ka mixer w/tilting head and the one that fits mine is:

KA-TH for the gray one and KA-THP for the pink one.

pitagory Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pitagory Posted 3 May 2009 , 5:07am
post #27 of 39

I love mine I got mine on ebay and they still send the wrong one my KA is a lift bowl and they send me for a tilt head and they are diferent so I orderd one on Amazon icon_biggrin.gif I got lazy and never returned the other one so now I have one that I dont use I should list it on Amazon or ebay icon_rolleyes.gif

khkakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khkakes Posted 3 May 2009 , 1:37pm
post #28 of 39

I feel like the lone wolf here but I don't care for mine. Its hard to clean and I still have to scrape the top of the beater to get the unmixed bits off so they don't drop into the batter or frosting. Its also not as heavy as the regular beater. I haven't noticed any decrease in mixing time.

I do agree with the previous poster that you should consider getting 2 if you like it. With all the little crevices I think it wuold be too easy to leave a trace of greae behind that would ruin your royal icing.

I happy for all of you that love it. I'm just disappointed it doesn't seem to be working for me. Please don't see this as an attempt to start a big debate.

lchristi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchristi27 Posted 3 May 2009 , 1:45pm
post #29 of 39

I LOVE mine too. Not to mention you dont get the white coating scraping off of the other one. It's awesome. I think I ordered mine on Amazon.

katwomen1up Posted 3 May 2009 , 2:37pm
post #30 of 39

khkakes, I don't care for mine much either, I didn't think it was all that great. I had to scrape my bowl also. I used it for cookie dough though not frosting. I will try again with frosting when I have a cake to make and see if I need to adjust the bowl, if the bowl is at the correct height and it doesn't work any better I will return the blade.

Kat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%