Marbleized Fondant?

Decorating By SJ169 Updated 25 Apr 2009 , 8:38am by solascakes

SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 10:43pm
post #1 of 8

Alrighty ... I keep seeing all of these amazing pictures of fondant cakes but the fondant has a "marble" look to it? How do you get this affect? I would like to make a birthday cake with a pink "marble" looking fondant.. if anyone has any suggestions please let me know
Thanks in advance! icon_smile.gif

7 replies
cakesbytanya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbytanya Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 10:59pm
post #2 of 8

Add some pink color to the fondant that you want to marblize but just don't knead the color all the way through and you should have the look you want

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 11:07pm
post #3 of 8

Take 2 colors of fondant (pink and white). After you've kneaded each one separately, roll some white into a log and roll some pink into a log. The intertwine them and start rolling with your rolling pin. You can keep doing this until you get the desired effect. Hope this helps.

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 11:11pm
post #4 of 8
SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 11:48pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks so much! I will try it as soon as i get home!!
(i am so glad i found this website everyone is so helpful)
Thanks again!!

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 5:21am
post #6 of 8

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but if you look in my photos at the laptop cake...
I got this effect by taking a white 'log', 2 electric purple logs, and 2 electric blue logs. The white log was thickest in diameter. I placed the purple ones on opposite side of the white one, and the blue ones on the opposite-opposite sides (if that makes sense). Then I rolled the whoe thing into a single melded log. I lep folding it back on itself and doing it over and over. I also twisted it and rolled it back to the log. They key was to keep it going the same direction the entire time.

Once the colors looked good, I took the log, layed it on the counter, and twirled it into a pinwheel, or jellyroll, circle. I rolled it out at that point and it looked great. The top of my cake has a swirll and the side looks like waves.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 8:19am
post #7 of 8

i just start with white fondant, put on some colour, and start mixing, and stop when it looks good.
xx

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 8:38am
post #8 of 8

marbling is quite easy the key is don't over knead

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%