Lime Green Color For Buttercream?? Need Help Asap!

Decorating By lvspaisley Updated 23 Apr 2009 , 2:47pm by Brownie1954

lvspaisley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lvspaisley Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 2:32pm
post #1 of 7

I am hosting a baby shower with three other people on Saturday. The colors originally were sage and brown and white. However, the person who was getting the plates could not find anything in those colors. She did find plates in a lime green though. I would like to attempt to make it all match, but I have NO idea how to achieve a lime green buttercream. I am pretty new to this stuff, so if it's complicated, I don't think I can do it.

Can anyone help me??

Thanks in advance
Kristi

6 replies
bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 2:39pm
post #2 of 7

How about americolor electric green.

jolly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jolly Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 2:40pm
post #3 of 7

nothing to it go to grociery store and find the betty crocker neon colors trut me it comes out lime green dont get stressed you can do it. peace

KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 2:43pm
post #4 of 7

Americolor electric green is an awesome lime green, but if you don't have quick access to new food colors, you'll need to mix other colors till you get the right look. I think I saw somewhere that adding yellow to green gets more of a lime color. Try with a little bit of fondant or BC and see what happens! icon_smile.gif

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 2:43pm
post #5 of 7

Try kelly green with lemon yellow. Also, check out this site: http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/coloring/colormixingchart.htm

Good Luck!

McMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
McMama Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 2:44pm
post #6 of 7

I am not familiar with Betty Crocker colors. If you can't find those, use green and a small amount of golden yellow. Try mixing a small amount before you mix a large batch. HTH

Brownie1954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brownie1954 Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 2:47pm
post #7 of 7

If you can't get to, or don't have the color already suggested, try mixing some yellow with green until you get the color you want. I start with the yellow, and slowly add the green until if looks right. Good luck! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%