Edible Image Printer

Decorating By mieyo Updated 21 Apr 2009 , 4:14pm by tiggy2

mieyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mieyo Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 2

I'm in the market for an edible image printing system. I remember reading long ago on these forums that you can use a Canon i560. Unfortunately, I can't find that post, but I need to know where I buy the ink and paper, and what kind of printer I need for it.

EDIT: I'd also like to know; For obvious reasons, I've read that it's necessary to have a completely unused printer when doing edible images, but wouldn't it suffice to just replace the print head?

Thank you!

1 reply
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 4:14pm
post #2 of 2

kopykake.com has a list of printers they sell cartridges for and they also sell the frosting sheets as well as icing images and photofrost. I personally wouldn't use a printer that has had ink in it but that has to be your choice. photofrost, a member here that works for photofrost said in a recent post to never use one that has had regular ink in it. You could try sending them a pm as they seem very knowledgable about them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%