Colors For A Basketweave

Decorating By Ashlie2009 Updated 21 Apr 2009 , 7:04am by luvsfreebies72

Ashlie2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ashlie2009 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 3:36am
post #1 of 6

I am going to be finish my second course of cake class and we are doing the flowered cake with the basketweave. Most of my flowers are pink,purple, and yellow. I was wondering what colors you thought were the best to use on the basketweave. I was thinking of just leaving it all white but i dont konw.
Thanks.

5 replies
MissMoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissMoore Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 3:53am
post #2 of 6

You could do light yellow vertical and white basket weave. I think that would look pretty and incorporate some color.

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 3:55am
post #3 of 6

As a Wilton teacher I'm just going to be bluntly honest... I am so tired of white basket weave at the end of C2 that I could scream.

Part of the problem is doing it in white you really can't see your boo boo's on it, and that night is the best night to see them so you don't learn bad habits. KWIM?

Also, everyone does white and honestly it's boring and everyone's cakes look the same month after month.

I'd do a two tone brown. I'd do the vertical with dark brown and then the horizontal in a lighter brown. (I love that look!)

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 4:09am
post #4 of 6

I did a white and lime green basket weave which looked really fresh and spring like, together with the pink flowers I put with it.

Here is a link:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1159224

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 5:27am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakingGirl

I did a white and lime green basket weave which looked really fresh and spring like, together with the pink flowers I put with it.

Here is a link:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1159224

BakingGirl that is one gorgeous cake, basket weave and all! thumbs_up.gif

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 7:04am
post #6 of 6

I agree, very pretty

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%