What Was Your Most Important Buy?

Decorating By amyscuppycakes Updated 20 Apr 2009 , 4:26pm by sares

LisaR64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaR64 Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 11:35pm
post #31 of 49

I love my edible image printer. It's great when I need to make a special cake and don't really have time to hand mold figures, flowers, etc.

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 11:53pm
post #32 of 49

Too many to list.

Biggest timesavers: Agbay (got the double), 60 qt. Hobart, Deluxe oven.

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 11:56pm
post #33 of 49

Silicone mat and KA mixer, without a doubt. But darn tootin', I WILL get myself an Agbay before all is said and done!

dmhart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmhart Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 12:15am
post #34 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjsgirl

The internet and my laptop.

It has given me access to this site, videos, recipes, photos, deals, networking, etc.

By far my best investment.

Oh my Goodness!!! icon_surprised.gif How on earth did I forget this one!!!! I go NO where, I mean NOOOO where without my laptop!! I think I would leave home without clothes before I left my laytop behind. icon_redface.gif I could not function without it!! This has been the main thing (internet) that inspired my love of cake decorating. It is all CC fault,.....Hi my name is Debbie and I am a cake Addict. thumbs_up.gif

CourtneysSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CourtneysSweets Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 12:23am
post #35 of 49

I'd have to say my Kitchenaid Mixer icon_smile.gif
I am interested in magic line pans.. which is the average size to get? 3 or 2 inches? I'm so confused with that..

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 5:06am
post #36 of 49

I had no clue as to what an agbay was....I googled it and that thang is intense!! I'd cut my arm off or at least a finger or two! I think I'll stick with my wilton thumbs_up.gif

I love my viva paper towels, I would die without them!

courtney1009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
courtney1009 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 10:57am
post #37 of 49

My kitchen aid mixer
My sugar shack DVD's
And most recently my Jennifer Dontz DVD
Oh and a really nice turntable

Courtnchris,

I LOVE my magic line pans. I have the 2 inch ones. They're great. If you need to get a bunch, Country Kitchen gives a 10% discount for purchases over $100.00. They're price after shipping was cheaper than anyone else's before shipping for me.

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 11:39am
post #38 of 49

My KitchenAid mixer. Been saving $5--$10.00 here and there over the past several months, and I just got one yesterday!! (on sale, yet!!) icon_lol.gif I immediately experimented with a batch of Michele Foster's fondant just for curiosity: "is it really that much better?"....it IS!!!!!!!!
Sugarshack's DVD...Buttercream. It gave me the confidence to think that each cake I make will be better than the last. Would have never figured out all those steps/helpful hints by myself.
The book, Two Hour Party Cakes by Carol Deacon (2004). Same comments as above about the DVD.

Have fun!!!!!!

Harleyfan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Harleyfan Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 12:05pm
post #39 of 49

Awesome!! (Please excuse my "newness"... I'm just happy to find so much info... I'm soaking it all up!!) So much to learn....so little time!!!

CourtneysSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CourtneysSweets Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 12:56pm
post #40 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by courtney1009

My kitchen aid mixer
My sugar shack DVD's
And most recently my Jennifer Dontz DVD
Oh and a really nice turntable

Courtnchris,

I LOVE my magic line pans. I have the 2 inch ones. They're great. If you need to get a bunch, Country Kitchen gives a 10% discount for purchases over $100.00. They're price after shipping was cheaper than anyone else's before shipping for me.

I'll have to check it out! icon_smile.gif Right now I have the 3 inch wilton and they aren't so great

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 12:59pm
post #41 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyfan

Awesome!! (Please excuse my "newness"... I'm just happy to find so much info... I'm soaking it all up!!) So much to learn....so little time!!!

Hi and welcome Harleyfan! No excuse necessary-we're all here for the exact same reason. See the little warning in the top left corner of the home page? Please take it seriously icon_razz.gif !

And courtney1009...thanks for the info on magic line pans...I need to order several more, looking up pricing was on my "to-do" list for tomorrow-thanks girl, for saving me some time thumbs_up.gif .

Lori17201 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lori17201 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 1:14pm
post #42 of 49

We may have to agree to disagree as I HATE the silicon baking cups/pans, though I love my mat for making peanut toffee.

I have to say my favorite item, currently, is the new BeaterBlade for my KA. It takes all the scraping out of the equation. I can add everything, turn it on and walk away to do other stuff. The mixing paddle gets it all. Too bad it's not an approved item since KA doesn't make it.

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 2:06pm
post #43 of 49

#1 - my sterilite storage drawers for my supplies. I have three - the tall 7 drawer, the thin 3 drawer and the wide 3 drawer. I have no clue what I would do without storage in my kitchen! (apartment kitchen w/ 4 ft of counter space, 2 drawers total)

#2 - my KA. Need I say more? (I think it's already been said above).

#3 - my BF. (Can he be considered here?) He's my best dishwasher - except that he always leaves the tips uncleaned. Oh well, he's wonderful other than that.......

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 6:24am
post #44 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarnspice1981

#3 - my BF. (Can he be considered here?) He's my best dishwasher - except that he always leaves the tips uncleaned. Oh well, he's wonderful other than that.......

Lucky you! I'll take one of those...a human dishwasher that is lol!

amyscuppycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amyscuppycakes Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 11:04am
post #45 of 49

okay, I think I'll definatly have to buy a Kitchen Aid seeing as it's the most popular choice on here. I have wanted a mixer but didn't want to get one that was going to break quickly.

butterfly831915 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterfly831915 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 11:43am
post #46 of 49

I love my Kitchen Aid it was a gift to myself in November. However, my most important buy was free, the people here at CC.

NuttyNanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NuttyNanny Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 11:57am
post #47 of 49

Hands down my Kitchenaid mixer (aka Blue Beauty)...does anyone else name their mixer???? I don't know how I ever did it with my handheld mixer....ugh!

Just recently started buying the Magic Line 2" pans. Can't wait to try them.

SugarShack's Buttercream DVD....what a godsend for me. Thanks Sharon!!! Next one will be the Fondant DVD.

My next important purchase will be a dig camera so I can take pics instantly of my cakes. I'm fighting this all the way...I'm from the 35mm film era and thinks that nothing else takes better pics...oops did I just tell my age. I know, I know step into the 21st century.

Baysmeme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baysmeme Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 12:39pm
post #48 of 49

#1 - KitchenAid 6 Qt. Mixer (with new side-scraping beater blade)

#2 - Agbay Leveler - love it !!

#3 - OLFA Quilter's Self-Healing Cutting Mat - it protects my countertop, I can cut anything on it (fondant, gumpaste, foamboard), it has measurement grid lines, and fondant doesn't stick to it !!

#4 - Magic Line pans

Sorry - couldn't list just one !!

sares Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sares Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 4:26pm
post #49 of 49

I love my KitchenAid mixer! I'm in the UK too and got it a few years back when they were on special in House of Fraser. I just love a bargain...almost as much as I love cake!!! icon_biggrin.gif

And I really love my cup cake tray from Williams Sonoma that makes 24 cupcakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%