If You Don't Think Angels Exist, Listen To This

Lounge By hellie0h Updated 22 Apr 2009 , 5:56pm by cakes22

hellie0h Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hellie0h Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 12:06pm
post #1 of 15

Watching Morning Joe on MSNBC this am, they had a segment about Britain's Got Talent. What an AMAZING lady. She no doubt is an Angel, because her voice will move you to tears. If ya got a minute check out the You Tube Video.

14 replies
cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 12:11pm
post #2 of 15

I saw her this morning too. OMG, she has an amazing voice. I was moved to tears. The look on Simon's face when she first comes out then the look when she starts to sing is priceless.
Looks like another Paul the oprea singer who won a couple years ago.

Amazing voice!!!

hellie0h Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hellie0h Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 2:31pm
post #3 of 15

Oh cakes22, I don't know if it was the song, I Dreamed a Dream...the back story or what....priceless is right, Simon looked like a schoolboy mesmerized....and so was everyone else.
I hope this lady goes places because if you ever believed in Fairy Tales come true, she certainly is one that deserves it. Sigh, in this day and age of cruelty, anger and sadness....a beautifully sung song can sure lift your spirits.

cakes22 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 5:18pm
post #4 of 15

GMA played the clip and then my DH came down and said he saw her on Youtube, then my DM called and told me about her too.
Hopefully her life will be better. 47 years old, never been kissed, and such a beautiful voice.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 7:24pm
post #5 of 15

Thanks so much for posting this. One of my clients came in today and asked if I had seen her this morning, I hadn't. I'm so excited to see this now.

Wow, what a voice............truly amazing! Looks like someone will have a nice little career on the horizon.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 3:48am
post #6 of 15

Thank you for posting this Helen. I had goosebumps during most of it. This was the first time I had seen it. Now, let me go watch it again...

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 4:09am
post #7 of 15

I love the way all their faces changed from mockery to amazement within the first few words she sang. I know mine did as well. I just played this for my DH and his eyes got huge when she started singing. Goes to show never judge a book by it's cover.

I hope she goes far in her singing and in life. She's amazing!

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 4:30am
post #8 of 15

I actually had my doubts...but that brought tears to my eyes! I think it was the way everyone reacted to her when she first came out and she sure showed them!! She had them on their feet after the first line of the song....It actually is appalling to me how they treated her...they only started treating her like a human being after she started singing, I really wanted to slap that girl in the crowd that rolled her eyes - even before she sang.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 5:46am
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks

Thank you for posting this Helen. I had goosebumps during most of it. This was the first time I had seen it. Now, let me go watch it again...

I had the same reaction. I'm listening to it for the 2nd time while I'm posting).

Love the reaction on Simon's face as well! After the shock/surprise wore off he sort of looked spell bound to me and I also thought that Piers looked close to tears at one point too! I'm very happy for her and I truly hope she makes it far, she's got some amazing talent!

Thanks so much for posting this.

Edited to add:

I never saw the Paul fellow that Cakes22 mentioned so of course I had to look it up. If anyone's interested here are a couple of links:

cakedoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedoll Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 2:35am
post #10 of 15

I saw her on a Fox segment this morning and immediately did a search on youTube. What a natural talent!

And to see the looks on the judges and the audience change from smirks to ones of awe made me feel so satisfied.

It was worth it just to watch the look on Simon's face.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 3:57am
post #11 of 15

What's that old saying? "You can't judge a book by its cover."
Her voice was amazing...completely amazing.
Sweet and cheerful and charming, too. Maybe she will win it all icon_smile.gif

I remember Paul Potts, too...very similar situation...you'd never expect that voice to come out of that mouth. He has a beautiful album called "One Chance." Gorgeous music!

cakes22 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 11:55am
post #12 of 15

Britian Gots Talent seems to have some really good acts.

This one is my favourite:

icon_biggrin.gif

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 12:11pm
post #13 of 15

It gave me goosebumps! She has such an amazing voice! I can't imagine having such a talent and not acting on it for so many years!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 10:39pm
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes22

Britian Gots Talent seems to have some really good acts.

This one is my favourite:

icon_biggrin.gif

cakes22 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 5:56pm
post #15 of 15

I see the makeover guru's have gotten to her. Not too extreme, but none the less, a make over is a make over. GMA had her on this morning & a clip of the female judge on BGT saying that she hoped that she wouldn't change, and that they weren't going to persue her changing in anyway, that they loved her just the way she was. Then GMA goes thru a picture montage of all the American Idol's who had gotten make overs (Fantaisa, Kelly Clarkson, Clay Aiken).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%