How Big To Make This Cake?? Picture

Decorating By karapags Updated 14 Apr 2009 , 10:38am by cakeandpartygirl

karapags Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karapags Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 3:37am
post #1 of 7

Hi all,

I have to make this Easter Star cake for 70 people. I wanted to know if any one knows how big to make it. I was going to print on the star 18 x 18 and use that for a template. Do you think that is big enough??

Thanks so much!
LL

6 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 4:10am
post #2 of 7

18" diam? Will a cake that big fit into your home oven? (It didn't in mine, I had to bake it at work....just an FYI.) icon_wink.gif

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 4:15am
post #3 of 7

What size cake are you using?

txsteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txsteph Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 4:19am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeandpartygirl

What size cake are you using?

Saw your tag line on your post ... are you moving back to Texas? or new to Texas? Either way .. Welcome!! I love living here.

karapags Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karapags Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 4:58am
post #5 of 7

I will use my sister's oven. She has a big thermador oven. It is for my mother-in-law. I just wanted to make sure it was going to be big enough for this group thing that she belongs to. I was going to use an 18' pan. I think my sister's oven would hold a 20' pan. Do you think an 18 pan is good or should I use a 20"?

Thanks again!

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 5:08am
post #6 of 7

A 14" round serves 78 people. I don't think you need an 18". Are you only making it one layer?

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 10:38am
post #7 of 7

I feel so stupid now I am re reading the post and I totally misunderstood you. If I am correct you are asking if a 18 diameter star is big enough. I would suggest maybe put a smaller star on top of a half sheet in order to make enough servings. HTH.

PS txsteph this will be my first time moving to texas and I can't wait

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%