Wire Decorations

Decorating By taxi4two Updated 14 Apr 2009 , 2:00pm by brincess_b

taxi4two Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taxi4two Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 1:19am
post #1 of 3

I hope someone can tell me where I might find the long, thin, wires that are used when you want something attached, like gumpaste cut out, or can simply be curled at the end and added for effect? It seems to be not much thicker than floral wire but must be stronger and seems to be silver. I just do not know what it's called or where to find it. Anyone who can help will be a life saver!


2 replies
BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 2:00am
post #2 of 3

Crat wire in the jewelry department of Hobby Lobby or other craft store.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 2:00pm
post #3 of 3

i think most people do just use floral wire, the lower the guage number, the thicker the wire. most people use between a 16 to a 24 guage. you might have to look online for it though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%