Cream Cheese Filling That Doesn't Need Refrigeration

Decorating By jardot22 Updated 15 Apr 2009 , 11:59pm by sweetsbyl

jardot22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jardot22 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:19pm
post #1 of 7

Hi all! I am looking for a recipe for a cream cheese flavored filling that won't require refrigeration? Is there one out there? I may be using MMF to cover my cake, so this is why I am looking for one that doesn't need to be refrigerated. Any recipes or tips are appreciated!!

6 replies
jguilbeau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jguilbeau Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:39pm
post #2 of 7

I use: Pastry Cake Fillings for torting cakes or Filling Candies etc - 2 lb - Comes in a plastic sleeve, snip off the end and use. Cake does not need to be refrigerated as with jellies. Pastry filling contains preservatives to keep down the bacteria that can lead to food poisoning! The cream cheese is artificial and harmless. Made by Henry & Henry. Refrigerate after opening to prolong shelf life. Can be frozen up to 3 times before turning to syrup.

Link: http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/misc/food.htm#cakefilling

pinkflower1212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkflower1212 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 6:47pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jguilbeau

I use: Pastry Cake Fillings for torting cakes or Filling Candies etc - 2 lb - Comes in a plastic sleeve, snip off the end and use. Cake does not need to be refrigerated as with jellies. Pastry filling contains preservatives to keep down the bacteria that can lead to food poisoning! The cream cheese is artificial and harmless. Made by Henry & Henry. Refrigerate after opening to prolong shelf life. Can be frozen up to 3 times before turning to syrup.

Link: http://www./catalog/misc/food.htm#cakefilling

Would you please be so kind as to PM me the link you listed since it has been blocked out? icon_mad.gif Thank you icon_smile.gif

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 6:51pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkflower1212

Quote:

Would you please be so kind as to PM me the link you listed since it has been blocked out? icon_mad.gif Thank you icon_smile.gif

Or repost with spaces in the web address so it won't be blocked? Thank you!! thumbs_up.gif

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 7:12pm
post #5 of 7

You can also purchase cream cheese sleeve filling at most cake supply stores or countrykitchensa.com

jguilbeau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jguilbeau Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 11:47pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by djs328

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkflower1212

Quote:

Or repost with spaces in the web address so it won't be blocked? Thank you!! thumbs_up.gif

The website is sugarcraft or bakerniche.

sweetsbyl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsbyl Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 11:59pm
post #7 of 7

Earlene has a Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing recipe on her site. It does not need to be refrigerated. Her site is earlenescakes.com/icings.htm

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%