What Kind Of Shoes Do You Wear While Baking And Decorating?

Decorating By karenm0712 Updated 15 Apr 2009 , 1:16pm by jules06

aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 12:59pm
post #31 of 45

I have the Audrey style crocs in black with the white bow. I love them.

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 1:06pm
post #32 of 45

I wear my crocs that i purchased at Target for $14.99...they are extremely comfy and I can stand for hours and hours and my feet nor my back bothers me!

Hookste Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hookste Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 1:06pm
post #33 of 45

Chung Shi! They are the best! They are about $200 and I have had mine for 2 years so far. I got them after having foot, leg and back pain from standing in the kitchen hour after hour. They strengthen your core while supporting your arches and improving your circulation. I only wear them a couple hours at a time and NEVER carry a large cake while wearing them. They do not like flat on the floor. They are arched on the bottom and help you burn calories too. I switch around every few hours or to because the variety seems to help. But I love my Chung Shi sneakers!!!!!! I wear them on the treadmill too!

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 1:07pm
post #34 of 45

crocs....with socks though becuase my feet get hot..or cold depending ont he state of my kitchen.

Mizuki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mizuki Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 1:07pm
post #35 of 45

These are the best! They are similar to crocs, but much squishier. They fell like those gel mats people who stand all day use. Love 'em! thumbs_up.gif
http://www.veggiesfootwear.com/

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 1:07pm
post #36 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by grama_j

"99% of the time I am barefoot when at home. Unless I'm baking and decorating. Then I wear some slip on tennies. Cooking/baking barefoot grosses me out"

Unless you are stirring something with your feet, why would it matter ? icon_lol.gif Sorry, couldn't resist.....

Normally I am barefoot or sock feet...I try not to stir with my feet! LOL

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 1:09pm
post #37 of 45

Don't throw CAKEBALLS! Crocs HURT my feet!

If I'm home doing family/friends I wear house shoes. If I'm working in the commercial kitchen at the church doing a wedding cake. I wear Nike tennis shoes OR my new Privo's. BUT, I'm going to "invest" (trust me you'll understand THAT term) in a pair of MBT's this weekend. Something I SWORE when I was young that I would NEVER DO! Wear UGLY shoes! LOL

Beth in KY

aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 1:16pm
post #38 of 45

Beth, what are MBT's?

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 1:25pm
post #39 of 45

They actually sound a lot like the shoes Hookste is talking about. The soles are kind of like "rockers" to keep the weight off your heels and balls of your feet. My friend who is a pharmacist has a pair and she swears by them. So, I bought my husband a pair and he loves them. They are avg. $245.00 unless you can find some that are on clearance. You can get them at Naturalizer shoe stores and The Walking Store as well as online.

Beth in KY

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 1:31pm
post #40 of 45

Thanks to everyone for all of the great information! icon_smile.gif

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 3:30pm
post #41 of 45

I wear Dansko professional clogs... LOVE em!

http://www.dansko.com/#detail,Professional,Stapled%20Clog,2

KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 3:32pm
post #42 of 45

Another vote for crocs thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 6:40pm
post #43 of 45

I used to wear sneakers and socks all the time, but my feet would ge too hot, so I'd take the sneakers off (yeah, I know, defeats the purpose of wearing them, lol). After a few hours of baking/decorating barefoot I couldn't walk the next day.

Than I finally broke down and bought the 'ugly' shoes. icon_biggrin.gif I absolutely love my crocs!! I can't imagine standing and baking/decorating without them.

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 2:37am
post #44 of 45

I wear professional clogs nothing else will do. Have two pair and switch them out when feet need a change.

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 1:16pm
post #45 of 45

Occasionally I wear thongs, but mostly I'm just barefoot ! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%